Study Group becomes the first pathway provider accepted on to the OfS Register
07 December 2018
Study Group is delighted to have become the first private pathway provider to be accepted on to the Office for Students (OfS) Register of English higher education providers, with no conditions applied. This reflects our commitment to providing quality education and opportunities to international students.
Helping students succeed
The Office for Students is the new regulator of higher education in England. Its Register of English higher education providers contains only education providers that meet strict criteria for student success. Study Group’s inclusion shows it has demonstrated its commitment to making sure students:
- are supported to access, succeed in, and progress from, higher education
- receive a high-quality academic experience, and their interests are protected while they study or in the event of provider, campus or course closure
- are able to progress into employment or further study, and their qualifications hold their value over time.
Benefits for international students
The registration means that students recruited for the September 2019 intake and afterwards will benefit from revised UKVI regulations, previously only available to higher education institutes. These will come into effect in August 2019 and benefits include:
- the ability to accept a wider range of qualifications as part of the English assessment for our Pre-Masters programmes
- paid and voluntary working rights for students during the pathway programmes
- opportunity for a single visa for our Pre-Masters programmes with Pre-Sessional English.
The changes also mean that our English for Pre-Masters students starting in April 2019 and progressing to the university for their Pre-Masters Programme in September 2019 will be under new conditions.
Study Group supports students’ progression from pathway programmes to degree courses at leading universities. These changes will make the transition easier than before. Full details of the revised regulations will be known next year when the UKVI publishes further guidance.
Study Group appears on the OfS Register of English higher education providers under the company name Bellerbys Educational Services Limited, including all of our International Study Centres in England and Scotland.
Study Group is proud to work with universities to offer life-changing academic experiences to international students.
For more information about OfS, visit the Office for Students website.
Read Mei's story to find out how Study Group enriches the lives of international students.
Back to all articles