Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £24,812.50 per annum
University of Sussex International Study Centre (ISC) is looking for permanent full time Welfare Officer to join our team! The Welfare Officer will be an integral part of the provision and delivery of the welfare and support system in place for students in the International Study Centre.
The position will require you to assist with and contribute to the care and supervision of students as well as being an information point for welfare within the International Study Centre.
This is a job where no day is the same, and where you’ll be challenged to use your empathy, active listening, and support skills effectively. When joining the centre, you’ll be given the support and training that you need, as well as be given personal development opportunities as your career progresses.
If you want a job role where you will work with a variety of people, in a high-pressure environment where you can really make a difference, then we would love to hear from you.
- Working as part of a team who provides specialist welfare support, in order to remove barriers to learning.
- To carry and manage a case load of students and offer support to individual students throughout the college.
- To develop and maintain effective and supportive relationships with students.
- To provide a complementary service throughout the ISC that enhances and extends existing welfare provision
- To work within an extended range of networks and partnerships to broker support and learning opportunities and improve the quality of services to all students.
- To be a key point of contact for safeguarding issues.
- To assist the DSL with referrals, maintaining accurate records, attending a range of professional meetings, liaison with outside agencies and promoting the general welfare and safety of students across the ISC.
- In the absence of the DSL, to act as first point of contact for any member of staff who has a concern about the safety or wellbeing of a student (as per rota)
- To assist the Student Services Team Leader as required
- To provide general admin support for the Centre as required and cover admin duties for other members of staff when absent and during peak periods
- To assist with induction and arrivals
- To deal, on occasions, with out-of-office hours queries regarding student arrivals
- Higher level (L3 equivalent) Designated Safeguarding Lead certificate
- First Aid (Desirable)
- Risk Assessment (Desirable)
- Experience of welfare within a Further Education environment
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.