Do you take pride in supporting students to achieve their goals and dreams?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and this is what our centres set out to do every single day. We are an international, creative, and forward thinking business, and love people that thrive in this environment. An exciting opportunity has opened at our Strathclyde study centre for a Welfare Officer to join the team in a key role within the centre. Would you like a meaningful and deeply rewarding job role that gives the opportunity to provide support to international students from across the globe? If this really resonates with you then this could be the start of an exciting journey. It’s a very exciting time for our Professional Services functions across the business, so you will benefit from lots of professional and personal development opportunities.
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full time, permanent
What is this role and where does it fit in?
- You will provide personal, pastoral, and academic support to our students at both individual and group level.
- You’ll act as the Welfare and Safeguarding lead at the study centre.
- You will monitor and maintain student data in compliance with UKVI regulations, including attendance and student details.
- Provide a range of different counselling opportunities to students relating to their progression.
- Support other areas of the centre with a range of different administration task
What experience do you need?
You will be someone with a customer service focus, with outstanding empathy, listening skills, and positivity. You’ll thrive in a dynamic multi-cultural environment, with the ability to be adaptable in an ever-changing environment. We would love to see experience in the below:
- Experience in a Student Support or Welfare role. Social work, counselling, or similar roles will also be considered.
- 2+ years’ experience providing support in a customer facing job role.
- Interpersonal skills and personality are critical. You will have natural warmth, be approachable, and be able to show a genuine passion in helping others.
- Experience working with high volumes of admin.
Our Strathclyde centre is based in the heart of Glasgow in an alluring University Campus. The centre offers run three programmes: International Foundation, Year One, and Pre-Masters, and has excellent student outcomes and feedback. The team are all friendly and professional, promoting a collective mentality, regularly sharing our ideas and methods.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV on our Jobs Board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.