Closing date for applications: 22 May 2017
Are you immaculately presented, professional, friendly, courteous and have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service?
We are looking for an evening weekend concierge to work at Reception
The role will involve:
- making a positive and lasting first impression to visitors, agents, parents and students
- assisting with enquiries and requests
- maintaining a safe, clean, tidy and professional Reception area
- assisting arrivals and departures with luggage plus checking in and checking out rooms
- responding to incidents, emergencies and occurrences
Rate of pay 10 per hour
The purpose of the role is to offer services to students from the Reception at weekends; maintain a professional, clean, safe and welcoming environment.
This post will be required to work Saturdays and/or Sundays from 5pm to 11pm
- Be the first person most students and parents meet on arrival.
- Be friendly, polite and courteous manner and immaculately presented.
- Ensure a professional, warm, friendly atmosphere prevails across the buildings (inc accommodation blocks) so students enjoy their stay.
- Be knowledgeable about the college offers to guests and of the company policies and procedures.
- Respond to queries and requests including incoming calls to the emergency telephone
- Check students into their rooms and check out on departure and assist with luggage
The Student Experience
- Deliver professional, friendly and welcoming services.
- Develop the student experience throughout the student journey.
- Ensure students arrive safely from ports of arrival and onward to their accommodation
- Ensure any queries or complaints are resolved
- Maintain first-hand knowledge of the local area and facility and make appropriate recommendations about activities or local businesses such as restaurants.
- Arrange transport, giving directions to landmarks, identify appropriate opportunities for students to experience London
- Ensure students are well cared for and follow up on any identified well-being issues
- Work with security to maintain a safe and secure environment with vigilance over people using college buildings and work with security to respond to emergency evacuation, alarms, incidents and occurrences
- Assist in covering other positions in the Department during sickness and holidays as far as possible.
- To be proactive in the development of the role by reviewing and researching the procedures of the job on an on-going basis to improve the service to students.
- To ensure that all students are safeguarded according to the Child Protection Policy and associated policies.
- When required, the post-holder will attend appropriate training courses.
- To respect the confidential nature of information relating to the College and students.
- Any other job as deemed appropriate to the role by the Director of Student Services.
- Well presented, polite, helpful and welcoming
- Discrete and honest and works with integrity
- Ability to work consistently to regular routines and reliable
- Good teamwork skills working across a range of colleagues in college
- Customer focused, calm and attentive
- Effective written and spoken communication
- Self-motivated and well organised
- Attention to detail
- Provide relevant assistance and advice to students
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to level 2
- Appropriate specialist / Professional Qualification(s), e.g. Customer Services Training or occupational qualifications or training. (desirable)
- Working in customer service industry in front of house, customer facing roles
- Previous experience of working in a role serving discerning clients and meeting their needs
- Proven experience of successfully imparting information and advice to speakers of other languages to ensure understanding
- Proven experience of handling customer complaints to successful conclusion
- Experience working in a role with procedures
- Experience of working in arose when unexpected things happen that need decision making abilities
Knowledge and Skills
- Sound understanding attitudes and behaviours required in a concierge/Reception/welcome host role
- Knowledge of safeguarding and Child Protection
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Able to use initiative and work alone where necessary to complete tasks as well as in a team
- Ability to be flexible to meet unexpected demands
- Well defined organisational skills
- Ability to demonstrate keen attention to detail
- Computer literacy skills to maintain records
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to ask the right questions in order to understand a situation
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please state on your application if you are applying:
- to work Saturdays and Sundays
- to work Saturday evenings only
- to work Sunday evenings only
Please apply with a completed application form (Word version) and send to Sharon Treharne.
Application deadline Monday 22 May at 17:00