Web Editor North America focus
Closing date for applications: 23 February 2018
Study Group is an exciting, innovative, international private education company with a fast-moving, ambitious marketing-led vision. With Head Offices in London, Brighton, Sydney, New York and Singapore plus Regional Offices in key countries around the world, last year we taught 73,000 students from 145 countries in University Pathway Programmes, English Language and Vocational courses in the UK, Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
We are currently seeking a full-time Web Editor to work on a range of website administration and content tasks. You'll be responsible for updating content across a number of websites, working with two other web editors as part of a busy content production team.
This role will be focused on website maintenance across our North American university partners, so familiarity with American-English and writing for international audiences is highly desirable.
Previous Sitecore experience is not required as full training will be given, however a working knowledge of one or more CMS platforms would be beneficial.
Contract: Full time, permanent
- Updating website content via Sitecore CMS
- Managing team inboxes and prioritising requests
- Writing blogs and other website content
- Uploading new images to image library and websites
- Supporting the content team to ensure all website amendment requests can be turned around efficiently
- Communicating with stakeholders at all levels within our business
- Interpreting a wide range of product information and turning it into user-friendly web content
- Working to precise partner brand guidelines and compliance frameworks
- Monitoring Google Analytics and providing data and reports as required
What we're looking for:
- Excellent writing and English language skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong IT and software skills
- Ability to build stakeholder relationships and solve problems
- A self-motivated, resilient and flexible approach to work
- Strong time management and organisation abilities
- First-rate organisational and prioritisation skills
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to meet deadlines
- Tenacity and a willingness to learn
- A strong team player with a good sense of humour
And bonus points for having:
- Familiarity with a range of digital technologies and platforms, including content management systems, image editing software and photo libraries
- An understanding of the higher education sector
- Experience writing in US-English
- Knowledge for SEO and understanding of best practice
- Some knowledge of marketing principles
- Knowledge of HTML
This role is perfect for someone looking to build up their experience and learn from our team of talented creatives.
If successful you'll be working 9am - 5.30pm in our Brighton office.
What we’ll give you in return:
- An agency environment within a successful global company
- A commitment to continued professional development
- Competitive salary
- Creative outings and numerous social events
- A creative career in one of the most fascinating and fast growing industries – International Education
- We’ll give you the opportunity to work with exceptionally talented people across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply with a CV and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK. Due to the volume of applications we will only be able to contact successful candidates.
Application deadline 5pm 23 February 2018