Visa Compliance Officer
Closing date for applications: 17 July 2017
Bellerbys College Cambridge is seeking to recruit a Visa Compliance Officer to ensure it is fully compliant with all UKVI regulations and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the needs of international students and be able to communicate with appropriate and relevant colleagues and students to support an effective and efficient student service provision within the College. You will be IT literate, confident in the use of Word, Excel and other relevant software while displaying a close attention to detail. A background in Visa compliance is ideal but not a pre-requisite since comprehensive training and training will be provided.
Job purpose: to ensure that Bellerbys College is compliant with all UKVI regulations and procedures and to support an effective and efficient student service provision within the College
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of all students
- Communicate with appropriate and relevant colleagues and students within the College to ensure compliance with the College and UKVI rules and regulations, taking advice from the central compliance team as required
- Assist current students in aspects relating to visa applications, including assessing eligibility, obtaining relevant visa and immigration information, checking relevant documentation and CAS preparation
- Advise students of visa implications when considering withdrawing from or interrupting their studies. Undertake the related visa administration of student withdrawals/ interruptions/ transfers and bookings
- Manage SMS system as Level 1 user, including inputting data onto college Study Global system, making course changes, study location changes, withdrawals, early course completions and visa refusals
- Run regular audits to ensure consistent accuracy of student data.
- Organise visa workshops/appointments for students whose visas are due to expire
- Assess incoming documents (passports, BRP cards, short term study visa – issued or given at the port of entry) for correctness and archive all relevant documents
- Liaise with agents and staff to oversee the successful management of visa applications and extensions, following guidelines given by the compliance team
- Liaise with Police to register students according to their visa requirements
- Manage ACL deliveries, including checking for accuracy and ensure correct storage and distribution of BRP cards
- Hold the position of Standing Authority to undertake BRP collections from post office
- Provide current and accurate advice on Schengen visa applications
- Adopt a proactive approach to the development of the role by reviewing and researching the procedures of the job on an on-going basis to improve the service to students and ensure compliance with UKVI procedures and requirements
- Undertake allocated duties within given time frames, working independently when required
- Contribute to the work of the Student Services team, including the welfare and pastoral aspects, attending meetings and undertaking other duties as required
- Attend appropriate training courses
- Participate in the college appraisal system
- Respect the confidential nature of information relating to the College and studentsUndertake additional duties as required by the line manager and Principal
- Is motivated to work with children and young people.
- Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Demonstrates emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- Positive, flexible, able to work within a team
- Calm under pressure, firm but friendly
- Keen to learn new skills
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to secondary level minimum.
- Degree level qualification preferable
- A background in Visa compliance ideal but not a pre-requisite
Knowledge and Skills
- IT literate, confident in use of Word, Excel and other relevant software
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please send a completed application form to Miss Marta Wilk, PA to Principal & HR Administrator.
Application deadline 4pm Monday 17 July 2017