University Liaison Manager
Closing date for applications: 22 December 2017
This role is required to build strong relationships between Bellerbys Colleges and a range of high quality Higher Education partners across the UK.
This role is likely to appeal to someone with a strong interest in the internationalisation of higher education and has a track record in relationship management with Higher Education institutions (HEI) in the UK. Travel around the UK and Europe will be required.
Contract type: Permanent, full time 37.5 hours pw
- In conjunction with Marketing and Bellerbys Student Recruitment Director, undertake market analysis to identify Bellerbys Partner HEI's and establish hierarchy of importance to Bellerbys
- Create a tiered proposition structure which outlines the desired relationship for each level of partner, ensuring this covers students progressing from both A Level and Foundation programmes
- In conjunction with Bellerbys Marketing Manager, create collateral to promote Bellerbys students/approach/programmes to current and proposed Partner HEI's.
- Refresh/renew any existing partnership agreements in alignment with the agreed proposition framework.
- Generate new opportunities to increase the number of partner HEI's at each tier; including opportunities for acceptance of Bellerbys Foundation Programme as a qualification for undergraduate entry.
- In conjunction with the Academic Office and the Foundation Programme Co-ordinator, build confidence with target destination HEI's leading to a formal agreement and revenue arrangements for progressing Bellerbys students.
- Track "progressed" students and ensure that HEI's are invoiced correctly in conjunction with the Finance Team.
- For the highest tier of Bellerbys HE partners track performance against contractual terms and lead the annual satisfaction review. Drive for data which demonstrates the progress of Bellerbys alumni versus direct admin international students.
- Where formal agreements may not be appropriate or possible, develop opportunities to increase HEI collaboration and engagement with Bellerbys students (eg: via scholarship schemes, recruitment fairs, departmental visit, guest lectures etc). This will align to the lower tier relationships in the proposition hierarchy.
- Act as first point of contact for the HEI Partner. Identify their pain points/challenges vis a vis Bellerbys as a provider of students and share feedback with the relevant internal teams in order to ensure that these can be resolved or improved.
- Provide timely market intelligence/feedback on programme, product and value added services opportunities to contribute towards Bellerbys plans and development to support growth.
- Ensure HEI partners are updated with relevant commercial arrangements with SG education agents who will be acting as the student 'agent on UCAS applications
- Tenacious – keeps going despite setbacks.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Creative problem solver – identifies opportunities to increase engagement with HEI's even if at a low level.
- Influential and convincing in their delivery – creates engagement strategies with multiple options.
- Has personal credibility and gravitas to be able to operate amongst senior stakeholders in a University setting.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude – truly believes in the importance of international education.
- Committed to the development of long-term value-add relationships rather than short-term gains.
Qualifications and Training
- Degree level qualification preferred
- Proven track record in customer relationship/partnership management in the UK Higher Education sector.
- Experience of working with university decision-makers, and able to understand their key drivers.
- A proven track record in leading, developing or delivering initiatives with a strong results focus.
- Experience of working in the international education sector.
- A working knowledge of Pathway/Higher Education courses/structures.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong understanding of the UK and other Higher Education systems; knows how HEI's are organised and function on a day to day basis.
- An appreciation of the needs and challenges of international students wishing to study in the UK, and believes in the value international education.
- An effective networker, able to represent Study Group and Bellerbys College to senior University staff.
- Builds relationships internally and acts in a collegiate way - knows when and who to call for further support.
- Excellent oral communications, demonstrates the diplomacy and tact to approach people at all levels of seniority and in academic/non-academic roles. Can flex their style and language according to the audience and does not get lost in jargon.
- Commercially aware, but able to balance this against the requirement for academic excellence.
- Awareness of competitor activities in the sector.
- Advanced Word and Excel skills
The job holder will be expected to operate in accordance with the Study Group Code of Conduct, and any local policies and operating procedures relating to academic, welfare and safeguarding matters.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Christine Hare, Head of Marketing Bellerbys.
Application deadline 22 December 2017