Team Maintenance Manager
Closing date for applications:19 January 2018
A brand new opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Manager to lead our busy 3 man maintenance team.
We are looking for an experienced individual, preferably with previous experience as a building services engineer who has lead teams of maintenance staff and supervised external contractors
You will oversee the planned and reactive maintenance on two adjacent sites in Brighton and one in Hove. This is compiled of a college, residential halls, a residential property and head office building. This will be a hands on role where needed.
You will be responsible for your team, and you will also monitor the progress of works ensuring deadlines are met and all requests are dealt with as quickly as possible. There will be a need to be on call for urgent enquiries, possibly on a rota.
You will ensure regulatory compliance and promote a positive health and safety environment to all. You will have experience of building management systems, fire and burglar alarms, fault finding.
You will report to the Facilities Manager on a daily basis.
At Bellerbys college we educate students from every corner of the globe enabling them to realise their potential through a transformational learning experience.
We are based in a modern building in central Brighton close to the rail station and all amenities. The college is thriving with atmosphere and a hub of activity. We are committed to training and developing our staff on all levels.
Contract type: Permanent Position, 40 hours pw
Salary: £35,000 per annum
- Ensure property and buildings are maintained to a high standard
- Implement & maintain safety policies and procedures
- Identify areas for improvement and implement
- Actively promote a strong H&S culture
- Develop & maintain maintenance schedules, respond daily maintenance requests
- Manage the set up and take down of different events
- Perform troubleshooting to solve issues on site
- Manage external contractors
- Responsible for the delivery of a high quality maintenance service, ensuring value for money at all times
- Perform administrative tasks as required
- Delegate tasks appropriately
- Point of contact for technical building issues
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong partnering relationships with contractors, staff an in-house maintenance team and all contractors.
- To manage the Maintenance Department in accordance with Company guideline
- To liaise with the Facilities Manager to ensure the business objectives and the priorities of the company are met.
- To adhere to safety regulations.
- To liaise with Department heads to organise repair and work schedules.
- To follow and enforce all relevant legislation, including health and safety, site licence, fire and employment laws.
- To work flexible hours where required.
- Other duties as required by the management
- Be proactive
- Have friendly and approachable manner
- Be organised with a good grasp of figures and people management
Qualifications and Training
- Strong M&E, maintenance background (electrical bias would be beneficial)
Bellerbys College Brighton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Mark East, Facilities Manager.
Application deadline 19 January 2018