Teacher of PE
Deadline for applications: 12th April
Contract type: Part time, permanent
Bellerbys Brighton is a co-educational international college which specialises in providing a high quality British Education, for predominantly international students from over 60 different countries around the world and preparing them for university. Our highly motivated students benefit from our state of the art facilities and small class sizes within a unique and vibrant educational environment.
Bellerbys College is owned by Study Group, a global educational organisation which prepares students for life in a global society and success in the world economy.
We are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic teacher of PE to join our small but dynamic PE and Sports department. The successful applicant must have a passion for football or basketball and a commitment to providing extra-curricular opportunities on Saturdays, with a focus on developing our football and basketball teams.
The role will involve 11 hours of Physical Education teaching and personal tutoring each week, with an additional commitment to teach 5 hours of sport on Saturdays.
The successful candidate must have experience of teaching PE and be prepared to drive the college minibus, as all sports activities take place off site. A teaching qualification and the ability to teaching another subject are both desirable but not essential.
- Write appropriately stimulating and challenging Schemes of Work for PE
- Effective delivery of sports including but not exclusively football, basketball, badminton and volleyball
- Accurately assess student achievement in a variety of sport, keeping records and ensuring progress can be made termly and annually
- Writing academic reports as required
- Using educational technology in teaching
- Ensure students have access to appropriate equipment and kit, liaising with Head of PE as necessary
- Ensure a punctual start and finish of classes allowing for transport time where necessary
- Drive a school minibus to transport students to offsite facilities
- Set a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, standards of punctuality and attendance
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation and enthusiasm for teaching
- Attend regular staff meetings and training
- Be proactive in taking responsibility for matters relating to health & safety
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonable assigned (eg cover, invigilation etc.)
- Keep accurate daily online registers
- GCSE personal tutor duties
- Other related activities as may be reasonably requested by the Academic Director
- Assisting with the delivery of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme
Qualifications and Experience required
- Experience teaching PE in other educational environments essential
- Relevant qualification in Physical Education essential
- Driving licence essential
- Teaching qualification desirable but not essential
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
The deadline for applications is Friday 12th April 2019.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.