Teacher of English as a foreign language
Closing date for applications: 6 April 2018
The Cambridge Centre is one of four Embassy year round EFL schools in the UK and one of 16 globally. The school has a year-round capacity of approximately 180 students and offers a wide range of courses. Embassy is the language education provider of Studygroup, a global leader in international Education.
The Embassy Executive Management Team is based in New York, and Admissions are dealt with by our team in Brighton.
Main purpose of the job: Contribute to providing excellent customer service by teaching classes of English as a foreign language to international students studying on the full range of courses offered at Embassy English
- Prepare and teach weekly contracted hours
- Produce teaching materials with a professional appearance
- Make good use of IWB and other technologies in lessons
- Incorporate regular BETL (Bringing English to Life) activities into lessons using digital technology to record experiences both inside and outside the classroom (blogs, videos, sharing memories, social media)
- Set and mark homework
- Monitor student progress and support students in their learning
- Liaise with Academic Manager regarding individual students
- Provide lesson plans for observed lessons
- Complete schemes of work and records of work weekly
- Keep daily record of attendance
- Attend weekly staff meetings/training sessions/course planning
- Attend weekly graduation ceremony for students and Embassy Talks when possible
- Carry out academic admin procedures as required by the AM e.g. questionnaires, reports, tutorials, tests, PLPs (Personal Learning Plans)
- Complete paperwork required by AM e.g. pay claims / holiday / absence self-certification
- Participate in Continuing Professional Development process
- Promote the company through daily contact with its clients (students, teachers, host families, agents, group leaders, other staff)
- Have good attendance and be punctual for classes (we expect teachers to be on site at least 15 minutes before classes begin)
- Dress professionally at all times (business casual)
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline 6 April 2018