Teacher of Art
Deadline for applications: 31st August
Salary: £34,170.00 FTE (0.4)
Contract type: Fixed term, part time position (10 teaching contact hours over 2 full days)
Start date: September 2019
End date: August 2020
We're looking for an exceptional teacher to work at our prestigious Bellerbys College, based in Greenwich, London. In this job you'll teach Art and Design modules across GCSE and A Level but predominantly Foundation programmes. You'll be a dynamic individual and passionate about your subjects.
You will be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in your classes ensuring equality of opportunity for all. Work proactively and effectively in collaboration with learners, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils.
We are looking for teachers with primary experience in Textiles, Crafts or Fashion to work within a small Art Department with small classes of 12-15 students.
Teaching and learning: Delivery of lessons
- Ensure subject knowledge is up-to-date and sufficient to meet the academic and assessment needs of all students in assigned classes
- Deliver programmes in accordance with the curriculum and with college curriculum policies and schemes of work, ensuring that schemes are updated and adapted throughout programme delivery to reflect the progress and evolving needs of students
- Employ a diverse range of teaching and learning practices that motivate, engage, challenge and inspire students to fulfil their individual academic potential
- Teaching and learning: Student progress
Ensure that students understand the learning objectives of their programme and of each individual teaching and learning activity
- Record and/or monitor the attendance, academic progress and welfare of students in assigned classes/tutor groups and report or manage concerns in accordance with
- Bellerbys College academic and welfare policies and procedures.
Teaching and learning: Supporting students
- Provide support to students who have additional/special educational needs or disability, to help them to reach their academic potential
- Provide opportunities within class time, through homework and trips/visits for students to develop and practice English language skills and enrich their subject learning
- Advise and support students regarding their progression to university or to their next programme of study, in line with the progress management and progression policies.
- UK recognised teaching qualification
- Subject relevant degree
- Previous teaching experience of Art is essential.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.