Would you be interested in a role involving partnership with Lancaster University?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working with over 60,000 international students each year on preparatory Higher Education programmes. We are an international and creative business and love people that thrive in this environment. A fantastic opportunity has opened at our prestigious Lancaster University International Study Centre, for an innovative and passionate Subject Leader STEM to join the team at an exciting time. In a role that takes ownership of the STEM Curriculum, on a beautiful campus, working in partnership with Lancaster University, this is truly an unrivalled opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
Due to exciting growth within the centre, this is a brand new role that offers a superb opportunity to lead on the Curriculum and Teaching and Learning across all Engineering, Computing, Maths and Science programmes delivered at the centre. Working with a passionate and highly skilled Academic team, you will ensure that academic standards are applied rigorously and consistently and that provision is of the highest quality. See below some of the day to day responsibilities of this post:
- You will maintain academic oversight of the delivery, assessment and monitoring of a cognate group of modules within both International Foundation Year and Pre-Masters Programmes
- You’ll work closely with the centre’s tutors and liaise with University link Tutors and other Academic staff, to maintain the currency and fitness for purpose of modules to meet the needs of students progressing to their respective university undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes and to maximise the performance of students to achieve the required progression requirements.
- You will contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision, with a teaching load of circa 15 hours per week, including, where required, providing tutorial support to a specified number of students through the academic year.
What experience do you need?
This is a superb opportunity for either a Senior Tutor looking for progression, or an experienced subject leader looking for something different. You will be a credible team player, with proven leadership skills, and a clear passion for your subject area. This is a very much hands-on role, so to succeed you will need to bring an energetic and dynamic approach. See below the experience required for the role:
- Bachelor Degree qualified at a minimum, with a Masters qualification highly desirable.
- Extensive experience teaching or managing Engineering, Computing, Maths or Science programmes, for students aged 16+ studying at least at Level 3.
- Experience in providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of success.
- Proven success in a high pressured working environment, with high expectations of both student and staff.
- A sound understanding of UK Higher Education
Our Lancaster University International Study Centre is based in a vibrant campus in the heart of Lancaster. With city, coast, and countryside within a short distance, this location is certainly unique. The centre has high-class facilities in a fantastic working environment. There’s a complex curriculum on offer with the centre providing programmes across Level 3 (International Foundation), Level 6 (Pre-masters), and in English language preparation.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an exceptional experience to all, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are intrigued to find out more, please submit a CV on our online jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.