Subject Leader - Maths and Computing
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent
Would you like to create a better world through education? At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. This is a fantastic job opportunity giving you the chance to join the Learning and Teaching Team as a Subject Leader of Maths and Computing, and make a difference to the student’s journey by overseeing the pathway within the Bellerbys Foundation Programme.
Your role would see you leading the academic development and annual monitoring of all Maths and Computing modules on the pathway. You would provide support and training to those delivering the modules in the subject field and ensure the integrity and quality of assessments, the curriculum and the constructive alignment of the modules to the programme.
In this job you would have the opportunity to work with a number of key stakeholders across the business, building effective relationships that can continually enhance the programme. There will be travel required, and we can be flexible on your location. When you join the business, you’ll receive a full induction, followed by an introduction to the Study Group culture and the style of learning.
- Liaise with a variety of different stakeholders to maintain the currency and quality of each Maths and Computing module to meet the needs of students progressing to their respective university degree programmes
- Maintain and update the VLE site for students to ensure that module sites are consistent with the Study Group VLE framework and that students are provided with additional support materials for each module of the subject area, assessment practice and resources to promote wider research or reading of their field of interest
- Source, produce and update teaching and assessment materials for Bellerbys Foundation teachers for each module of the pathway and maintain the teacher VLE site for the pathway
- Take responsibility for the academic development and appropriate diversification of the modules on the pathway
- Organise and contribute to the writing of exam papers, mark schemes and other assessments for the modules in the pathway.
Experience and qualifications
- You would have significant experience teaching at a minimum of Level 3 and above ideally in a Further or Higher Education environment
- You will have experience developing Maths/Computing curriculum of the modular framework
- You’ll require a minimum of a Degree in Maths/Computing
- A form of teaching qualification is essential.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.