Subject Leader - Engineering, Computing, Maths and Statistics
Deadline for applications: 25th May
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
This is a superb opportunity to lead on the Curriculum and Teaching and Learning across all Engineering, Computing, Maths and Statistics programmes delivered at the Lancaster University International Study Centre. Working with a passionate and highly skilled Academic team, you will ensure that academic standards are applied rigorously and consistently and that provision is of the highest quality.
As the Subject Leader, you will provide academic leadership for a cognate subject area across all programme levels, working closely with the Head of Curriculum & Progression and other Subject Leaders to ensure appropriate integration.
- Maintain academic oversight of the delivery, assessment and monitoring of a cognate group of modules within both International Foundation Year and Pre-Masters Programme
- Contribute to programme management meetings to inform strategic planning and resource allocation
- Participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff and represent the Centre at appropriate events and meetings within the Study Group network, the partner university and externally.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Curriculum and Progression, work closely with tutors and University departments to maintain the currency and fitness for purpose of modules to meet the needs of students progressing to their respective university undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, and to maximise progression.
- In conjunction with the Head of Curriculum and Progression identify, develop and implement activities to enhance students’ experience within the subject area including use of guest speakers, trips and visits and in liaison with HEI Link Tutors and other schools, arrange a variety of transition activities relevant to the subject routes.
- Contribute to the delivery and assessment of provision, with a teaching load of circa 15 hours per week, including, where required, providing tutorial support to a specified number of students through the academic year.
- Assure consistency of delivery and standards across the subject provision
- Work with the E-Champion to integrate technology based learning and assessment and lead electronic resource development in the subject area to meet the Provider’s VLE published standards
- Work with the Career Ahead lead to promote and facilitate the development of employability skills within the subject area
- Liaise with colleagues in other Study Group centres to share good practice and benefit from the dissemination of developments elsewhere in the network at subject level
- Take responsibility for annual review, academic development and appropriate diversification of the provision (including revision of modules and the development of new modules) in a given subject area
- Produce reports, analysis and evaluation for internal and external scrutiny processes as directed by the Head of Curriculum & Progression
- Minimum Bachelor degree and a post graduate qualification
- Experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of success.
- Experience of providing feedback to others about their performance, which achieved a positive improvement.
- Planning and leading CPD and training.
- Ability to delegate activities and take responsibility for overseeing their successful completion to meet challenging deadlines.
- Experience of successfully leading on internal communication, which includes disseminating complex messages or changes to operations.
- Experience of working with international students and an understanding of welfare, well-being and cultural issues which may arise.
- Experience of data management and interpretation, and quality assurance.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.