Would you like the opportunity to support talented students from all over the world?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education. We are an international and creative business, and love people that thrive in this environment. An exciting opportunity has opened at our highly reputable Lancaster University International Study Centre, and if you have extensive experience supporting, encouraging, and empowering students or young adults, then is a rare opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
Location: Lancaster, Lancaster University International Study Centre
What is this role and where does it fit in?
We are looking for pro-active Student Wellbeing and Support Officer, with a natural positive energy to join the Professional Services Team. This is an exciting role that is challenging, yet highly fulfilling, offering ample opportunity for progression and personal development. See below just some of the exciting tasks for this role:
- You will support the well-being of each student, in conjunction with the other relevant study centre and Lancaster University teams, through planned activities and by being responsive to students’ concerns and queries.
- You will encourage more dependency with students, empowering them to reach their full potential with their education, whilst having a first class experience whilst studying in the UK.
- You will act at the study centre’s safeguarding lead.
- Liaise as appropriate with Lancaster University Student Services departments to facilitate specialist support as required.
- You’ll ensure that each student has the relevant immigration documentation required for their stay at the study centre.
What experience do you need?
This role requires pro-active, hands on, people person, with a positive outlook. We want someone to join the team that has the personal qualities and practical thinking to encourage our students to take action, as well as the empathy and sensitivity required.
- You will have experience supporting student in an education setting. If you have worked in similar positions that provide welfare support and pastoral care to young adults, then this will also be considered e.g. Youth Worker
- Experience in safeguarding relating to young people and vulnerable adults.
- Experience working in a dynamic, pressured environment, where an adaptable mind-set is required.
- A degree is highly desirable, as well as any coaching or counselling qualifications.
Our Lancaster University International Study Centre is based in a vibrant campus in the heart of Lancaster. With city, coast, and countryside within a short distance, this location is certainly unique. The centre has high class facilities in a fantastic working environment. There’s a dynamic curriculum on offer with the centre providing programmes across Level 3 (International Foundation), Level 6 (Pre-masters), and in English language preparation.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an exceptional experience to all, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are passionate to find out more, please submit a CV on our jobs board website and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Application deadline: Sunday 30th September
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.