Student Support Administrator
Closing date for applications: 4 December 2017
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Student Support Administrator to join the Study Group organisation, working from our brand new International Study Centre. The right candidate should have proven skills in relationship building as well as strong emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. This is an exciting time for the organisation as we establish a new Centre, working in partnership with a highly reputable University. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time, permanent
- To assist students with visa applications and immigration issues
- To assist with the maintenance of UKVI compliance including updating student information on UKVI SMS system and internal Student Management System (Study Global) and assisting with Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) and other periodic inspections
- To upload passport, visa and BRP scans onto Study Global
- To support the arrangement of Police Registration for students, uploading certificates and information to Study Global
- To keep up-to-date with visa requirements and application procedures, liaising with Head Office as necessary
Induction and Registration
- To assist in the induction programme and the preparation of induction packs and welcome letters
- To assist with the registration of students
- To assist with the monitoring and processing of late arriving students
- Be the first point of contact for all student enquiries, dealing professionally and promptly with such enquiries, fostering positive relationships with the student body
- Ensure student details are kept up-to-date
- Provide general student support as required, including the production of student correspondence
- To support students to make payments using Payonline, and assist in the collection of outstanding fees
- To ensure noticeboards are regularly updated
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students, with particular regard for the Under 18s
- Assist colleagues with administrative duties to cover for staff absence, or during peak periods
- To run weekly attendance reports from Progresso for distribution to the Management team
- Report and monitor under 18s attendance , liaising with colleagues to ensure the safety of students
Qualifications and Training
- Level 3 Qualification (Desirable)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective communication including accurate written English
- Organisational Skills
- Proven customer service skills
- Knowledge of database systems and data inputting
- Advanced Word and Excel skills
- Knowledge of Further and Higher Education Courses/Structures
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please send your CV to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.
Application deadline 4 December 2017