Student Services and Accommodation Officer
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2017
The Central London centre is one of six Embassy year round EFL schools in the UK and of eighteen schools globally. The school has a year-round capacity of approximately 300 students and offers a wide programme range.
Embassy is the language education arm of Studygroup, a global leader in international Education.
The Embassy Executive Management Team is based in New York, and Admissions are dealt with by our team in Brighton.
This is a fixed term contract until September 2017
Salary up to £25k pro-rata
- To promote the highest standards of quality, efficiency and customer care in all matters relating to student services
- To place Embassy students in comfortable, caring homestay accommodation
- To work with the Welfare Manager to ensure all safeguarding policies are administered according to company policy
- To assist in the planning and running of regular activities for the social programme, including creating risk assessments, and ensuring sufficient group leader to student ratios
- To support in maximising the capacity of the student residence(s) and ensure students are happy and comfortable in the residence
- To support in the provision of homestay options
- Process requests for placing students with homestays rapidly and effectively, making use of internal systems as appropriate and in liaison with all relevant departments in the school and Head Office.
- Ensure the school database is accurately maintained and ensure all documentation is completed and records updated in compliance with British Council, ISI and Study Group guidelines.
- Deal directly with students regarding accommodation and welfare problems, requests and queries regarding homestay accommodation.
- Provide welfare and pastoral support to students including, where necessary, registering students with the NHS, booking medical appointments.
- Offer consistently high standards of customer care and deal with problems or complaints promptly and effectively, whilst communicating with Head Office, agents and staff in centre as appropriate
- Liaise with all relevant parties internally, in particular the Student Services Manager, in order to ensure maximum efficiency and work constructively as part of a team.
- Develop and maintain appropriate, reliable and updated filing systems and complete all relevant procedures for purposes of accurate record keeping.
- Take regular turn on 24 hour emergency phone rota
- General administration and duties that may arise as appropriate to the needs of Embassy.
Key Measurable Aims
Efficient and effective performance of duties and high standards of customer care will contribute directly to general levels of efficiency and satisfaction on the part of students and agents - which are measurable by the following means:
- Relevant return grades on student End of Course Questionnaires
- Inspection reports from industry accreditation bodies – British Council and the Independent School Inspectorate (ISI) as well as Embassy Internal Reviews
- Satisfaction rates with residence and homestay
- Residence beds capacity levels
- Social programme engagement levels and student satisfaction
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please send Covering letter and completed application form to Cornelia Okello.
Application deadline 12 noon Friday 31st March