Student Services Administrator (PT 3 days/week)
Closing date for applications: 6 October 2017
The International Study Centre located on the University of Sussex campus is looking for a friendly, helpful and patient new member of staff to join our busy Student Services office. This is an exciting opportunity for a welcoming, self-motivated and efficient individual to provide administrative support to the Student Services team.
Location: Brighton, UK
Contract Type: Part time, 3 days per week
Duties will include:
- dealing with face-to-face queries and phone calls
- producing student correspondence
- data entry
- taking payments
- document creation
- minute taking
- scanning, filing and the use of databases
You will also be required to assist students with visa applications and immigration issues, ensuring relevant compliance procedures are adhered to by keeping up to date with requirements and procedures.
Qualifications and Training
- proven customer service
- advanced Word and Excel skills (essential)
- good communication skills including accurate written English, meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work on own initiative
- proven team player
- Experience of student visas, sponsored students and working with international students would be an advantage.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Helyn Soud, Head of Operations.
Application deadline 6 October 2017