Student Helpdesk Advisor
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Part Time
Salary: £10,800 per annum
Our Professional Services departments are an exciting place to be right now, full of variety, opportunity, and career development. A fantastic position has opened at our Durham University International Study Centre for a Student Helpdesk Advisor to join on a part time contract. Working 22.5 hours per week across 23 days, you will be required to work Mondays however you will have the option to choose the other two days.
The Student Helpdesk Adviser is a key role within the Student & Centre Services Team. In this position, you will support the day to day running of the Student Support Helpdesk. Acting as the first point of contact, you will handle multiple different queries from our students and staff and will have a variety of different administrative duties. These could include; attendance timetabling, general advice and monitoring absence.
This is fast paced role so we are looking for a dynamic person that can provide a high level of customer service. You’ll need to be an excellent communicator, friendly and approachable, and have an interest in working with International Students.
- To act as first point of contact on the Student Support Helpdesk
- To provide student facing advice and support on the Student Support Helpdesk
- To manage the student support inbox, ensuring that all emails are replied to appropriately and in a timely manner
- To produce confidential letters for students
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of students, with particular regard for under 18’s
- To assist with setting up helpdesk procedures and process notes
- To be the first point of contact for all visitors
- You will have experience working in an administrative role, capable of working with high volumes of admin.
- You’ll have customer service expertise with some experience in face to face customer service.
- You will have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word.
- Competitive salaries
- A 25-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.