Student Experience Officer (Data)
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full-time permanent
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Tutors that share the same passion.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Leeds International Study Centre. Working from the heart of Headingly stadium, you will play a key role within our Student Experience Team. You will work within the existing Student Experience Team members to ensure the day-to-day administrative functions of the office are carried out with a focus on student data including timetabling. This is an exciting job role that offers variety, challenge, and fulfilment.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. If the idea of working in a centre that offers exciting development opportunities and where no day is the same is appealing then this is an exciting chance to really make a difference to students from all over the world.
Student Data Administration to include:
- Using IT systems (Progresso and Scheduler) to create the teaching timetable, making amendments and updates as required throughout the semester
- Ensuring students are studying the correct modules for progression and allocate to registration and teaching groups
- Responsible for setting-up induction and student events timetables on Progresso
- Responsible for the maintenance of accurate student data in existing student management systems and for data uploads in to the systems
- Assisting the Student Experience Coordinator in creating exam timetables and seating plans
- Releasing teaching and assessment timetables to students and staff
- Provide reports and data to the Centre Management Team, which include (but not limited to): Pre-arrival and Post-arrival student reports.
- To assist the wider Student Experience Team and the Academic Team in compiling data requests
- To foster productive relationships with internal (e.g. academic staff; central Student Data Team) and external stakeholders (HEI Timetabling team)
General Administration to include:
- Monitoring student attendance in accordance with company policy and UKVI requirements, and assisting in contacting under 18’s
- To support student induction and progression activities
- To provide general administrative support for the center, for example, general student queries – face to face, by email and phone, ordering stationery and handling petty cash
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Senior Management Team.
To adhere to all compliance requirements in relation to GDPR, UKVI requirements, Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
Experience and qualifications
- Experience of working in an administrative educational setting, ideally with international students, or another relevant administrative setting.
- Experience of timetabling or similar complex data handling
- Ability to produce and interpret complex data
- Strong IT skills specifically Microsoft Office are essential as well as experience of working with record management systems
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.