Student Experience Officer
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £13200 per annum (0.6FTE)
Contract Type: Part-Time, Permanent
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Tutors that share the same passion.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Leeds International Study Centre. Working from the heart of Headingly stadium, you will play a key role within our Student Experience Team. You will work within the existing Student Experience Team members to ensure the day-to-day administrative functions of the office. This is an exciting job role that offers variety, challenge, and the opportunity to make a difference to students from all over the world.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. If the idea of working in a centre that offers exciting development opportunities and where no day is the same is appealing then this is an exciting chance to really make a difference to students from all over the world.
- Monitoring student attendance in accordance with company policy and UKVI requirements
- Maintaining accurate student records and to keep student details up to date including contact details, visa/passport details and next of kin information
- Financial duties including handling petty cash, the sale of books, and the processing of refundable deposits
- Assisting in the administration of assessments
- Assisting in ensuring the centre is compliant with UKVI requirements
- Assisting in organizing student induction and events
- Dealing with general student queries – face to face, by email and phone
- General administrative duties and support e.g. production of letters, ordering stationary
- Fostering productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Senior Coordinator and Senior Management Team.
- Adhering to all compliance requirements in relation to GDPR, UKVI requirements, Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
Experience and qualifications
- Experience of working in an administrative educational setting, ideally with international students, or another relevant administrative setting.
- Strong IT skills specifically Microsoft Office are essential as well as experience of working with record management systems
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.