Student Experience Administrator
Deadline for applications: N/A
The Student Experience Administrator is a key role within the Student and Centre Services Team, providing support to students to ensure they have a positive experience during their time at the centre. It’s a varied role that will give you the opportunity to support with coordinating events and activities and encouraging student engagement, to support their progression and transition into University life.
In this role, you will support with the establishment of student forums and committees and facilitate their operation, coordinate, analyse and report on student surveys, coordinate transport arrangements, be the liaison contact with student accommodation, work closely with the Marketing Team and assist with the planning and implementation of induction.
In addition, you will always have the opportunity to assist with activities in relation to visa and compliance requirements, assist with assessment, provide support on the Student Support Helpdesk and assist the Professional Services Team as required.
As you can see, it’s a role that offers lots of variety. You will be working at a fast pace, in an ever-changing environment, however, for the right person this is a very exciting and dynamic place to be, and offering lots of opportunities.
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Contract type: Full-time, permanent
- To support with researching, planning, coordinating and implementing suitable and attractive activities and events for international students, engaging with students regarding potential events and encouraging participation and attendance
- To engage with students regarding sports development activities, assist with setting up clubs, publicising activities and liaising with key stakeholders
- To ensure that venues, catering/refreshments and equipment are booked as appropriate for identified events.
- To provide student facing advice and support at the Student Services Helpdesk
- To ensure noticeboards are updated regularly
- To provide support at meetings as required, producing agendas and minutes
- To assist with the planning and implementation of induction, ensuring a positive student experience and all compliance requirements are met in a timely manner
- Extensive experience working with high volumes of admin in a fast-paced office environment.
- Previous experience organising events.
- Competent using Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Student centred with excellent communication skills.
- You will be highly organised and adaptable.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, collaborating with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Our Durham University International Study Centre is the newest to the Study Group network, recently opened its doors in September last year. Based in the spectacular Queens Campus, it is now a fully functional centre full of talented students from across the globe. The centre runs a dynamic curriculum across the International Foundation and the Pre-Masters programme. This is a high-energy centre, where no day is the same. The centre is right next to the River Tees and the breath-taking Infinity Bridge.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.