Student Data Specialist
Closing date for applications: 29 October 2017
- A key priority of the role is to maintain the use of IT systems (focussing mainly on Study Global) and to support centre staff in using these systems so that they can operate effectively and be compliant with our policies.
- Work as part of a central team with ownership for all system processes currently automated.
- Support continuous improvement of these processes and of the system whilst maintaining standardisation.
- Analyse the processes and systems to contribute the effective delivery of academic programmes and student support services.
- You will work with relevant teams to deliver effective and standardised data collection and reporting.
Role: Full time (37.5 hours pw)
- Oversee full maintenance and configuration of Study Global and related systems; ensuring it is maintained to live status to support all relevant products, contracts and tariffs offered by Study Group UK
- Set up and maintain system reference data
- Create and maintain student facing documentation with collaboration from key stakeholders
- Troubleshooting daily systems issues raised by the business, providing support for system related processes
- Identifying development needs, system bugs and requirements and raise accordingly
- Implementing new procedures related to Study Global with documentation and training as required (in collaboration with global IT team and master documentation)
- System testing for maintenance/software releases
- Point of contact for data change management
- Daily visa data uploading onto the UK Visas and Immigration Sponsorship Management System and ensuring CAS issuance procedures operate effectively
Data Management and Reporting
- Audit data to ensure accuracy of data across the network
- Assist the relevant teams in data gathering exercises
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to identify and critically assess underlying business problems from a range of perspectives and to develop processes and system solutions
- Ability to manage work in a sometimes ambiguous and highly dynamic environment, engaging collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders in order to achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to present confidently and explain complex information to a range of audiences
- Self-Motivated and Team Player
- Results and solution focussed
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Able to travel within the UK
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to degree level (or similar) or equivalent experience
- Recent working experience in a role requiring sound system and process knowledge (essential)
- Experience of the education sector (desirable)
- Building effective working relations (essential)
- Experience of explaining complex processes to other staff (essential)
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of Higher Education standards and policy (desirable)
- Detailed knowledge of Study Global (desirable)
- Data analysis and report building skills (essential)
- Training Skills (desirable)
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo appropriate pre-employment checks within these guidelines. All successful applicants will undergo child protection screening including an enhanced DBS and Barred List check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you would like to apply for the role, please ensure a completed application form to StudentDataTeam@studygroup.com.
Application deadline 29 October 2017