Strategy and Market Insights Analyst
Closing date for applications: 27 October 2017
Study Group are recruiting for a Strategy and Market Insights Analyst to be based in our global HQ in Marylebone. The successful candidate will be a key part of the team to deliver strategic projects and help Study Group increase revenue.
You will support the team and generate market insights within the Group Strategy and Market Insights function, in order to assist and coordinate the development and analysis of strategic plans. This will include market & product competitiveness analysis and benchmarking, customer and competitor profiles/analysis, macro market trend research and analysis.
Applications are welcomed from those who have obtained a good degree, have a naturally analytical mind and are willing to work hard. In return we offer a unique opportunity to learn from some of the best in the business, international exposure and a supportive environment.
Location: London, UK
Role: Full time, Permanent
- Support on preparation of monthly market insights documents to help internal customers’ understanding about market movements and competitor’s activities
- Assist in annual Source Market and Diversity Strategic Project, from assessment of market/industry trends through data gathering and analysis, initiative assessment, and preparation of project plan
- Research and appraise macroeconomic, market and industry dynamics; analyse competitive landscape, market share, predict growth and market size. Identify key global and regional market trends and assess their impact
- Benchmark products to find competitive threats and help develop strategies for countering them
- Assess new market opportunities and help define go-to-market strategies and tactics based on insightful research and analysis
- Conduct annual Global Agent Surveys and other primary researches when required; travel to complete the projects is a possibility
- Develop internal Market Intelligence and Data Bank to internal customers and enable them to make solid decisions
- Support on broadcasting the findings and insightful information to all parts of business via analyst calls and workshops
- Help prepare strategic plan presentation, creating GET/Board-level materials
Qualifications and Training
- Have obtained a 2.1 or above bachelor degree
Experience and Knowledge
- Ideally have experience in Management/Strategy Consulting, Corporate Marketing, Corporate Strategy or Corporate Development, Marketing Insights Research
- Proficient in Excel modelling (training can be given but you should be able to produce pivot tables with ease as a starting point) and PowerPoint
- Be comfortable to conduct analysis: pulling data, building models and analysing market data and operational information
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to frame unstructured problems
- Have strong analytical, commercial awareness, teamwork, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and corporate office environment
- Strong interest in fast moving international Education Industry
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply with your salary expectations, availability to start work in Marylebone (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the UK via LinkedIn.
Application deadline 27 October 2017