Closing date for applications: 30 March 2018
We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team at our modern College in Deptford, to assist in the production of fresh food - delivered to a consistently high standard to a diverse range of International customers. Our operation includes breakfast, lunch and dinner services and occasional events. We are a 7 day operation serving up to 2000 covers per week to the students and staff of the college.
This is an ideal position for an experienced Sous Chef who will assist the Head Chef to operate our canteen service with a passion to produce food from fresh ingredients to high standard for our buffet service. Importantly you’ll need to be a confident supervisor able to run your own shift and assist with the kitchen operation in the Head Chefs absence
Location: Bellerbys College, Deptford
Contract type: 40 hour per week contract Mon-Fri
- Proven technical experience as a Sous Chef, preferably within education/contract catering
- Excellent team supervisory skills with the ability to organise and promote effective communication within the team
- Proven knowledge of compliance and HACCP within the catering environment able to supervise and maintain organised records in this area
- Craft background able to maintain high standards across the offer including hot food service, grab & go, salad bar, buffets etc. Experience and strong interest in International food is desirable
- Catering qualifications to NVQ level 3 or equivalent experience
You’ll need to be friendly and approachable with a genuine love of people and good service. Good communication skills are a must as you will be conversing with a diverse range of international customers and providing information with regard to our food offer. You need to be a good team player and be methodical and organised, dedicated to high standards of practice within food safety legislation
- 40hr per week contract
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 30 days after 5 years plus 8 bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Commitment to training and development of staff
Study group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines” The appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. and the candidate must be suitable to work with children.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline 30th March 2018