Sessional Tutors for Business Studies
Closing date for applications:13 December 2017
Sussex ISC who is partnered with the University of Sussex, is seeking sessional tutors to teach a range of Business, Management and Economics subject areas within a range of courses for international students at Foundation Year (level 3), International Year 1 (level 4) and Pre-Master’s (level 6). Subject areas are likely to include:
• Business Organisations and Law
• Business Management
• Business Environment
• Business Strategy
• Business Law
• Organisational Behaviour
Location: University of Sussex, Brighton
Contract: Variable hours (January 2018 start)
- Prepare and teach contracted hours
- Prepare termly schemes of work
- Produce teaching materials with professional appearance
- Set and mark regular out of class assignments
- Set and mark coursework
- Keep accurate record of attendance using online system (Progresso)
- Liaise with academic managers and admin team regarding individual students’ progression and welfare
- Provide lesson plans for observed lessons
- Engage with quality assurance and enhancement processes
- Keep up to date records of work
- Keep assignment and coursework marks and input data into online system (Progresso)
- Attend staff meetings/training sessions
- Complete reports students as required, meeting deadlines set (on Progresso)
- Complete pay claim forms (as required by the Administration Manager)
- Write exam papers and mark schemes where required
- Attend standardisation sessions
- Invigilate examinations in accordance with contracted hours
- Attend Appraisal/Continuous Professional Development interviews
- Carry out and log CPD activities
- Regularly review data on student attendance and progress and take actions to support students at risk
- Promote the company through contact with students, other tutors, agents, university staff etc.
- Be punctual for classes
- Dress professionally at all times
Qualifications and Training
- Candidates should be qualified to at least undergraduate level in their chosen subject.
- A teaching qualification and/or Masters qualification would be an advantage.
- Experience of teaching is desirable; although experience of teaching students within an international context would be highly desirable.
Knowledge and Skills
- A student-centred approach
- Good IT and organisational skills are essential.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a covering letter and completed application form to Phil Trott, Head of Business
Application deadline 13 December 2017