Sessional English Tutor
Closing date for applications: 18 August 2017
The International Study Centre at Royal Holloway, University of London offers English Language Preparation and Foundation courses to international students and prepares students for entry onto their chosen courses at the University.
The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching EAP to a variety of international students in Foundation courses and English Language Preparation courses.
Applicants should hold a relevant teaching qualification with experience of teaching in an international classroom.
Job type: part-time fixed contract; between 12 and 16 contact hours
Start date: September 2017
Job salary: £25.54 ph
- Work with Study Group material to deliver approved modules.
- Work with the teaching team to develop and refine materials and lessons depending on the needs of students.
- Liaise with Head of English and Head of Centre as well as the wider stakeholders.
- Assess students and provide both formative and summative evaluations, providing results in a timely manner.
- Monitor and assess students’ behaviour and progression, giving feedback at scheduled times.
- Develop and update course material for modules and teaching sessions, including module material for the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Carry out recording and administrative tasks such as attendance, grades and activity logs.
- Support international students with their studies through tutorials and tailored 1-2-1’s as and when require
- Partake in weekly staff meeting as well as general in-centre training and development sessions.
- Provide teaching cover in case of absences
- Work positively and constructively with all staff members/stakeholders
- Engage in the social curriculum when appropriate – events and trips.
- Act as a positive ambassador for RHISC, Study Group and its partners.
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant subject.
- Teaching qualification: DELTA or M.A. in education OR CELTA along with appropriate experience in EAP.
- Good organisational and IT skills
- PGCE teaching qualification
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students
- Experience in IELTS
- Experience in operating Moodle/On-line educational tools
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
To express interest in the position advertised and/or request further information, please contact Magdalena Barrett on 01784276692, Head of English Royal Holloway International Study Centre.
Application deadline 18 August 2017