SEO Content Producer
Closing date for applications: 9 March 2018
Study Group is an exciting, innovative, international private education company with a fast-moving, ambitious marketing-led vision. With Head Offices in London, Brighton, Sydney, New York and Singapore plus Regional Offices in key countries around the world, last year we taught 60,000 students from 150 countries in University Pathway Programmes, English Language and Vocational courses in the UK, Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
This is an exciting role for a talented content writer working across a number of brands and products at an international organisation. We are looking for a creative and SEO-focused copywriter who understands search engine algorithms and guidelines.
As Content Producer for SEO you’ll be reporting to the Head of Content and working closely with the SEO Manager to improve the organic search performance across a portfolio of websites. Writing well-optimised and engaging copy, you will have exceptional attention to detail and be comfortable writing for other marketing channels, including email, blog and social media.
Location: Brighton. UK
Contract: Full time, Monday - Friday, 9:00-17:30
- Producing engaging, creative and SEO optimised copy in line with brand content strategies
- Developing content across our digital portfolio - writing web pages, blog articles, video scripts/descriptions that demonstrate the expertise in the field to drive relevant traffic to the website
- Creating content to rank higher in organic results on search engines to increase the qualified traffic to the websites
- Updating/refreshing/optimising existing content on websites using keyword placement and internal linking
- Producing valuable, grammatically perfect, high-quality, authoritative, practical-utility content to maximise its impact on SERPs
- Creating user-engaging articles to minimise bounce rate
- Taking a proactive approach in SEO content ideation and creation, working autonomously to identify opportunities to drive our organic performance
- Working on ad-hoc projects as needed to help the team deliver to business objectives
- Acting as liaison point between Digital, Creative and Marketing teams to share best practice
- Representing the team at company and industry events, acting as SEO champion and SME
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry and creative best practice, sharing examples with colleagues
- Providing best practice training to internal teams and contributing to a culture of sharing and collaboration.
What we're looking for
- A good bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as Marketing
- A confident communicator, with exceptional written and spoken English
- A comprehensive understanding of copywriting for SEO with strong knowledge of content-related Google algorithms
- Extensive experience producing content for search engines
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively work with key stakeholders, at all levels
- Keen eye for detail, a stickler for grammar, tone of voice and brand guidelines
- Prior experience of working with a CMS
- A creative individual who is full of ideas
- A self-motivated, resilient and flexible approach to work
- Strong time management and organisation abilities
- A strong team player - sense of humour preferred
- Excellent computer skills including a good knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to grasp new software packages.
- Good knowledge of on-site SEO best practices
- Good knowledge of Social Media Content Marketing
- An understanding of the higher education sector
- Experience writing for audiences who speak English as a second language.
This is a full time role based in Brighton. Some travel, within the UK and beyond, may occasionally be required.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
To apply please provide a CV and cover letter to Danielle Colyer, Head of Content firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your experience and suitability for the role, along with examples of your work. Applicants must be able to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK.
Application deadline 5pm Friday 9th March 2018