Senior Learning Technologies Coordinator
Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £36,000 per annum
We are looking for a Senior Learning Technologies Coordinator to help support the strategic development of learning technologies across the Study Group UK and Europe network and assist our Higher Education eLearning team in their day-to-day training.
This is a permanent position which will be considered on both a full or part time basis with extensive travel requirements, supporting 17 International Study Centres and 3 Bellerbys Colleges. This is either a remote/work from home role or has the potential to be based in any of our centres across the UK.
You will be a highly organised individual, managing the varied requirements for technological development in place across the network, with a passion for supporting the needs of our academic teams and students alike.
Assisting the Head of Curriculum: Learning Technologies, you will work to produce regular reports on the progress in use of learning technologies by centre and facilitating the sharing of good practice across the network. A facilitative approach is required of the successful individual, who will be required to ensure the development and implementation of VLE frameworks and other technologies via individual and group training, alongside presenting at teachers’ conference as required.
- To liaise regularly with the Head of Curriculum: Learning Technologies, planning projects and training across the Study Group centres
- To facilitate and maintain regular communication with HE eLearning team
- To provide wider, regular reports on centre learning technology needs
- To collect reports from APs and identify actions for the attention of the Head of Curriculum: Learning Technologies
- To develop and maintain a close working relationship with IT Services to assist with reporting problems, directing support where it’s needed and planning projects and trials
- To provide training in new technologies as necessary
- To travel to centres to provide one-to-one training as required and to assist with group training, ensuring in advance that hardware/software requirements are met
- To create online training materials in Study Smart, including video tutorials and printable instructions
- To assist in promoting and developing the use of the VLE as a whole college/centre platform
- To support implementation of ISC and Bellerbys VLE frameworks
- To contribute stories and news to social media and marketing departments as required
- To attend training courses and conferences when required and disseminate useful ideas
- To present at teachers’ conference and other conferences as required
- To support the preparation and delivery of LT presentations by APs at conferences.
- Qualified teacher
- Other relevant training e.g. CMALT, Moodle educator certificate, MOOCs, JISC training etc.
- Proven ability to train one-to-one and in group formats
- Proven ability to run motivating workshops
- Proven and innovative use of technology in own practice including the institution’s VLE
- Experience of working with teachers from all subject backgrounds
- Familiarity with Study Smart and/or other VLE, Notebook, screen casting, mobile learning tools, and current teaching methodologies especially learning supported by technologies
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.