Senior Commercial Finance Manager
Deadline for applications: N/A
We’re looking to hire an exceptional finance professional to be our Senior Commercial Finance Manager. As a senior business partner to a key part of the business, and also the effective Deputy Commercial Finance Director, this job offers a great blend of commercial and leadership responsibility.
Based in our Brighton offices, five minutes’ walk from the train station, the Commercial Finance department supports operations across our businesses in the UK, Europe and North America. In this job you’ll have sole responsibility for FP&A activity within our Higher Education North American business unit, which is headquartered in Chicago. The North American business is relatively young, but has an exceptional leadership team and has already enjoyed considerable success, and we have ambitious plans for further growth. You’ll be working with influential and entrepreneurial stakeholders to help them drive forward a market with enormous potential.
You’ll lead a team of three FP&A staff, and as the second in command you’ll support the leadership of the commercial finance team and drive a culture of openness, collaboration and continuous improvement across the whole department. You’ll also have specific responsibility for supporting new business development opportunities. This may include M&A and the set-up of new operations.
It’s an opportunity to work for Study Group, the private-equity backed 2018 Pathway Company of the Year*, in a newly created role. We’re recruiting this role with succession planning in mind, so it’s a great opportunity for career development. And you’ll be working in the heart of a great city.
*Education Investor Awards 2018
As a finance business partner:
- Lead the annual planning process as well as monthly rolling forecasts inclusive of volumes, revenue/costs – EBITDA and related working capital
- Lead completion of all monthly/ yearly reporting, analysis and related presentations
- Present quarterly business reviews to CFO, CEO, Finance Director and Managing Director
- Lead and track development of divisional budgets
- Assist in managing the relationship with respect to financial matters with our partner Universities
- Model new business development proposals to determine financial viability
- Assist in preparing new business sales pitches at prospective partner universities
- Prepare board deck presentations on new business proposals
- Gather and report quarterly KPIs to group FP&A for board presentations and use that KPI data to work with the business to drive performance
- Liaise with Sales monthly to track current pipeline and ensure revenue forecasts are accurate
- Work closely with divisional Managing Director and assist in the decision making process as the financial representative of the Senior Management Team
- Act as key point of contact for centre directors, providing them with monthly reporting and support
- Work closely with launch team to ensure any financial processes and considerations are taken into account for any new launch centres
As Deputy for Commercial Finance Director:
- Supporting the Leadership of the overall Commercial Finance team including coaching, mentoring and sharing best practice
- Management and development of a team of three FP&A staff
- Driving continuous Improvement across the Commercial team with the Commercial Finance Director
- Responsible for supporting the development of management and business intelligence data, systems and analytics within the commercial finance team
Qualifications and Training:
You’ll be a qualified accountant and an experienced business partner with first rate relationship building skills, able to collaborate with senior stakeholders and challenge where necessary.
You’ll have experience of driving and managing the monitoring of non-financial data as well as financial KPIs. You’ll be expected to present data and narrative in a way that is engaging and easy to understand, so you’ll need strong influencing and communication skills, including use of MS PowerPoint.
You’ll be an experienced leader with a track record of managing and developing teams. And you’ll have the ability to operate within a complex, global organisation.
- Base salary of £85-90,000 per annum, plus a 10% discretionary bonus
- 25 days’ holiday
- Pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, subsidised canteen and much more
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.