Regional Sales Manager Western Europe
Closing date for applications: 3 October 2017
Responsible for delivering regional enrolment targets into Embassy English programmes; developing and enhancing agent relationships within the region; maximising product and sales development opportunities across Western Europe.
Position: Full time, permanent
- Drive annual top line sales growth into Embassy campuses globally above pre-determined targets thereby increasing Embassy English’s market share in the assigned territories.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Director for EA to achieve, and exceed annual volume targets and work within a predetermined cost budget.
- Proactively manage a portfolio of agents through active account planning and identification of top tier agents. Work closely with the Regional Sales Director to prioritise accounts to maximise sales potential.
- Identify market prospects and develop or enhance relationships with key market organisations leading to sales and/or a raised profile for our products
- In coordination with the Regional Sales Director, prepare strategic business plans for Western Europe. Identify potential growth areas, both new and existing to ensure a strong and continuous pipeline.
- Manage agent enquiries in a timely and professionally manner to ensure highest level customer service.
- Attend and participate in local sales meetings, conferences, and overseas sales conferences including industry networking events (including weekends) where required.
- Be an active user of Study Group’s CRM system (Salesforce) to facilitate agent management and keep records continually updated.
- Inform the market of the Embassy English pricing structure, specials and promotions, demographic and accommodation options currently on offer.
- Provide training to agents on the Embassy English suite of products and services.
- Active resolution of customer complaints and problem solving.
- Work closely with the global Embassy English admissions teams and other internal departments within Study Group to maximise each student and agent experience to positive effect. Provide leads and referrals as and when available to other divisions within Study Group.
- Work closely with group sales team to plan market strategy, manage key agents, and achieve combined targets for Junior programs (Embassy Academy & Embassy Summer)
- Develop extensive market knowledge of the region as a whole by keeping abreast of competitors, pricing, discount issues, new products as well as political and economic factors that could affect sales growth.
- Play an active role within the wider EA and Global Embassy Sales teams, upholding the Embassy and Study Group values as stated in the Study Group Mission Statement.
- Report to Regional Sales Director, EA at regular intervals on market activity and performance.
- Flexibility and the ability to work within a fast-paced corporate environment
- Professional Maturity
- Strategic Agility and Innovation
- Sales ability and focus
- Customer Focused
- People skills
- Result Orientated
- Team player
- Building Relationships
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
Qualifications and Training
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- English Language Study Abroad nature and processes
- A minimum of 2 years sales experience in international programs, preferably within an agent channel environment
- Experience building and maintaining a key account management; leading and developing the sales process; nurturing customer relationships; proactive in recognising customers’ business requirements
- Experience in leading sales, budgets and projects within a global marketplace
- Knowledge and understanding of the international student marketplace (with particular reference to the nominated region) and the challenges within this industry
- Experience of high volume group sales (preferably EFL summer school groups)
Knowledge and Skills
- Fluency in spoken English and advanced level of written English
- Results orientated with the ability to successfully deliver on sales, financial and customer satisfaction outcomes
- Strong sales planning ability around developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and influencing skills including the ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of clients and staff from different levels within the organisation;
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong systems and process focus and able to create and sustain an operational best practice framework
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Attentive to organisational culture and the impact of change on organisational values, business customs and practice
- Good self-knowledge having the propensity to analyse successes and failures and determine areas for improvement; Demonstrated ability to learn quickly when faced with new problems.
- Excellent IT skills: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint essential
- Knowledge of a CRM system with experience in Salesforce considered desirable
- Demonstrable ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to travel as required (up to 50%)
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a completed application form to Faisal Hakim, Regional Sales Director Europe.
Application deadline 3 October 2017