Closing date for applications: 10th of August 2017
Bellerbys College is looking for Residential Supervisors to work within the boarding house and residence during the evenings and weekends (as per rota). There will also be occasional overnight duty shifts. The successful applicant will be working within a team to support an supervise 385 resident students, between 13 and 19 years old, from over 50 countries and studying a range of subjects including GCSE, A level and foundation courses.
Ideally the successful candidate can start immediately (subject to checks).
To provide support and supervision to students within the boarding house and residences outside of college hours.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of students for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- To encourage students to enjoy their life in the residence
- To assist with in-residence activities and events
- To assist with welcoming students and inducting them into the residence
- To ensure that the students are aware of college rules and apply sanctions as required (with the permission of the Interim Head of Boarding)
- To undertake curfew checks and report missing students
- To care for unwell boarders including providing Homely remedies and non-prescription medication (once training is completed)
- To ensure that all H&S breaches and repairs are reported to the Maintenance team
- To assist with fire evacuations and emergency exits from the building
- To send compile and send handover reports at the end of each shift
- To work flexibly with the team across all shifts
- To provide on-call cover over night as per rota
- To undertake any other duty or responsibility deemed reasonable by the Principal or Director of Welfare
- Experience within a face-to-face customer services environment (Essential)
- Experience within a boarding or student accommodation environment (Desirable)
- Experience of safeguarding (Desirable)
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Sandy Connors, UK Director of Student Services.
Application deadline 12pm Thursday 10th August