Deadline for applications: N/A
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £19,380 per annum
(143.5 hours per month including regular evening and weekend work)
Our Bellerbys College Brighton is looking for a permanent, full time Residential Supervisor to provide care and support for our boarders. The Residential Supervisors’ priority is to ensure the happiness, well-being, safety, health, personal development and moral education of students in the Boarding House.
Our students range between 13 and 22 years old and will rely on you to care for them, assisting with anything from problems with accommodation to issuing medication.
Though not requiring any specific qualifications, experience in a similar role would be extremely helpful to this role. The perfect candidate will be empathetic and calm mannered, with a background in working in potentially pressurised situations.
Life at Bellerbys College Brighton is about much more than the chance to get a great education. We help our students get immersed in college life and the city that will become home during their studies with us. Much like our students, our residential team is very diverse and enthusiastic to offer the best support possible.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of students for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- To encourage students to enjoy their life in the residence
- To assist with in-residence activities and events
- To assist with welcoming students and inducting them into the residence
- To ensure that the students are aware of college rules and apply sanctions as required (with the permission of the Head of Boarding)
- To undertake curfew checks and report missing students
- To care for unwell boarders including providing Homely remedies and non-prescription medication (once training is completed)
- To ensure that all H&S breaches and repairs are reported to the Maintenance team
- To assist with fire evacuations and emergency exits from the building
- To send compile and send handover reports at the end of each shift
- To work flexibly with the team across all shifts
- To provide on-call cover overnight as per rota
- To undertake any other duty or responsibility deemed reasonable by the Principal or Director of Welfare
- Educated to ‘A’ level
- First Aid
- Certified at enhanced DBS level (check undertaken prior to employment)
- The ability to build positive relationships with students and staff across the college
- A can do attitude
- Empathetic approach to our students
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Competitive salary
- 6 weeks holiday to be taken at Easter, Christmas and in the Summer.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.