Closing date for applications: 24 March 2017
Bellerbys College Brighton is a co-educational independent college for approximately 800 mainly international students.
We are seeking to appoint a member of the boarding team to work in our main student residence, ensuring the highest standards of welfare, supervision, support, efficiency and customer care for all students who are aged from 13 -18 years of age.
- To assist in the welcome and induction of all new students to their house
- To ensure that students are aware of the college rules and be confident in implementing them
- When on duty, to be a present in the house carrying out regular patrols of the communal student areas
- When on duty, to check which students are in residence and in particular to monitor under 18’s in conjunction with curfew times and to report missing students in line with college Missing person procedures.
- To promptly report to the manager of the boarding team of any incidents, breaches or issues, regarding Health and Safety or security in the communal areas
- In liaison with the Maintenance Department and Facilities Manager check that communal areas are tidy and reporting any problems immediately
- To familiarise yourself and your students with Fire procedures and emergency exits and when necessary conduct fire drills
- To report repairs required as result of either wilful or accidental damage to both Maintenance Department and Finance team. Ensure charges for wilful damage are allocated to the student
- To be aware and ensure compliance with emergency services contact procedure including doctors
- To report accidents in the accident book
- To encourage students to enjoy their life in the residence by behaving sensibly
- To attend to and resolve any problems that arise
- To attend staff meetings as required
- A clear enhanced DBS Check (check undertaken prior to employment)
- Working knowledge of Safeguarding and National Minimum Standards for boarding provision
- Good knowledge of UK legislation relating to the welfare of young people
- Excellent communication written and verbal
- Effective judgement and decision making abilities
- Good IT skills – Microsoft Office Suite
- Good organisational skills
- Good understanding of the welfare needs of youngsters in boarding
- Current First Aid certificate
- Experience of working within a boarding school environment
- Salary – on request for 24 nights per month on a rolling 6 on 2 off rota (to include weekends)
- 6 weeks holidays to be taken in line with Bellerbys term time – 2 weeks Easter, 2 weeks Summer and 2 weeks Christmas
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please send completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline 12 noon Friday 24th March