Closing date for applications: 20 October 2017
7 on / 7 off pattern. The hours for the 7 days on are: 7am until 10am and then 3.30pm until 11pm
Job purpose: to provide support and supervision to students within the boarding house and residences outside of college hours.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of students for whom you are responsible and with whom you come into contact.
- To encourage students to enjoy their life in the residence
- To assist with in-residence activities and events
- To assist with welcoming students and inducting them into the residence
- To ensure that the students are aware of college rules and apply sanctions as required (with the permission of the Interim Head of Boarding)
- To undertake curfew checks and report missing students
- To care for unwell boarders including providing Homely remedies and non-prescription medication (once training is completed)
- To ensure that all H&S breaches and repairs are reported to the Maintenance team
- To assist with fire evacuations and emergency exits from the building
- To send compile and send handover reports at the end of each shift
- To work flexibly with the team across all shifts
- To provide on-call cover over night as per rota
- To undertake any other duty or responsibility deemed reasonable by the Principal or Director of Welfare
- Experience within a face-to-face customer services environment (Essential)
- Experience within a boarding or student accommodation environment (Desirable)
- Experience of safeguarding (Desirable)
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply as soon as possible with a completed application form to Dawn Calway, PA to Principal.
Application deadline 20 October 2017