Deadline for applications: 8th July
Contract type: Working hours 37.5 per week but could suit a job share, were the appropriate candidates to apply.
Wednesday and Friday 3:30pm-11:00pm; Saturday 8:30am-11:00pm; Sunday 8:30am-4:30pm
Salary: £21,500 per annum
Study Group Cambridge, provider of Academic and English language courses, is currently looking for a Residence Supervisor for Bellerbys College accommodation to act in loco parentis and share with other members of the residence staff team the responsibility for all aspects of the pastoral care and wellbeing of the pupils in the boarding house.
Alongside providing excellent welfare and pastoral care you will contribute to the sports/social activities programme. You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of young people, international students in particular. You will be a key member of the residence team.
Essential skills: understanding of the needs of young people; effective communication, organisation and decision-making skills, along with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Ideally, you will have experience of working in an education setting.
Duties will include evenings and weekends with the other members of the residence team.
- Act in loco parentis and share with other members of the residence staff team the responsibility for all aspects of the pastoral care and wellbeing of the pupils in the boarding house
- Understand and implement the college policies on all matters relating to the safety and welfare of all students, responding swiftly in the case of a missing student
- Work with, communicate and support other members of the Residence team, including completing end of shift reports and ensuring that handover is effectively carried out
- Encourage the integration of boarders in the life of the boarding house and the wider college community
- Respond immediately and effectively to any medical or pastoral emergency, prioritising this over other duties
- Share in the provision for and care of sick boarders, liaising with the nurse to ensure correct care is provided
- Work with other staff to support the induction programme of all new students
- To act as Fire Warden in case of fire and assist in Fire Drills when required. Write up reports on action taken should the fire alarm go off at other times
- Enthusiasm for working with young people and understanding of their needs
- Experience of working with young people within a boarding/school environment, ideally international students
- Awareness of principles and practice relating to Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Current First Aid certificate (Training to be provided)
- Access to free meals whilst on shift
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.