Registry and Operations Officer
Closing date for applications: 5 December 2017
To provide administrative support for the full range of activities in the Registry and Operations function of the College.
The Registry and Operations team within the College are responsible for ensuring that the student’s central record within the student information management systems are accurate and maintained, and reflect the students journey throughout their programme. Through the maintenance of the databases, the team is also responsible for providing key data sets and statistical information for all stakeholders, both internal and external. This includes student timetables, personal data, and programme of study, assessment and examination information and compliance documentation.
The team is also responsible for ensuring that all staff recruitment processes and procedures comply with Company policies relating to Health and Safety and Safeguarding. The Officer is responsible for supporting and carrying out tasks within the Registry and Operations Team, which includes data input and creation, auditing data and systems and problem solving.
The team contributes to the overall objective of the College—“preparing international students to progress and thrive at the University of Sheffield through successful completion of their programme”--by ensuring that the student record is accurate at all times and that teaching and learning can take place effectively in a safe and secure environment. The team is also responsible for providing key data sets and statistical information for all stakeholders, both internal and external.
Contract type: Full time, permanent
WHO WE ARE:
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our Sheffield Study Centre is based in the heart of a friendly and very pleasant city, with picturesque surrounding and a fantastic energy within the team. This is one of our largest Centres which already has a fantastic reputation within the area and an extremely good success rate.
- Supporting with the timetable quality checks at each stage of the process to ensure information is accurate and reflects the requirements of the Head of Programmes and Subject Leaders.
- Run and check the First Arrival Report (FAR) ahead of the intake points for accuracy and completeness referring any issues to Study Group Admissions.
- Ensure student data is sent to The University of Sheffield in line with the agreed timelines so that student records are created by The University of Sheffield and details uploaded onto Progresso.
- Prior to student registration prepare the student registration pack of documentation in collaboration with Student Support to ensure its completeness.
- Be actively involved in student registration at all intake points to ensure students records are updated, relevant documentation uploaded and that quality audits are undertaken for accuracy and missing information.
- Ensure that daily student number information is available for all stakeholders.
- Assisting with the scheduling of students to their classes based upon the programme group matrix.
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of student timetables
- Ensure that student information relevant for MOLE record creation is available prior to the commencement of teaching and learning.
- Working with the Senior Registry and Operations Officer chasing students for missing information under Tier 4 Sponsor Compliance-related data until the data is complete
- Supporting colleagues in ensuring that student data is correctly input by tutors by inputting “not required” students for1:1 tutorials
- Attendance inputting for ELP/EPM students studying at the English Language Teaching Centre as directed by the ELTC and chasing for missing registers from the ELTC.
- Assisting with the operationalisation of the examinations and assessments within the College by the production of seating plans, exam booklet labels, posters, venue maps,
- Supporting the Senior Officer in ensuring all examination materials are available and ready prior to an examination and that all papers and scripts are accounted for before passing to the Module Coordinator
- Supporting the staff recruitment on-boarding process to ensure the College is compliant at all times and that staff records are created enabling them to have a smooth transition into the College. This includes their setting up of their IT accounts with both Study Group and The University of Sheffield.
- Record staff annual leave in line with agreed processes and procedures ensuring key stakeholders are able to access reports as and when required.
- Health and safety policy implementation along with the Head of Function: Registry and Operations
- Ensuring the College has adequate furniture and classroom provision for the teaching of its students by assisting with termly audit checks
- Supporting the Senior Officer in requesting recycling and waste collection from the University of Sheffield as and when required
- Interpersonal and customer service skills and experience
- Organisation and planning
- Problem solving
- Data and IT
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Performance-focussed, team player
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.
Application deadline 5 December 2017