Regional Facilities Manager
Closing date for applications: 22 December 2017
A brand new opportunity has arisen for a Regional Facilities Manager. You would be responsible for the management and performance of the Facilities Management operations across Brighton, London & Cambridge for all Study Group properties including colleges, boarding accommodation and administrative areas. Ensuring the facilities are of the highest quality in terms of all statutory and regulatory compliance matters. Regional Facilities Manager would report directly into the Head of Property Services – UK & Europe.
It is essential that you:
- Have a minimum of a City and Guilds qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Health and Safety) General Certificate
- Hold membership of the British Institute of Facilities Managers
About Study Group
We are a global company that prepares international students for university degree programmes, teaches high school education, and teaches English language courses. Study Group owns and operates colleges and also partners with more than 50 universities across the UK, Europe, North America and Australasia.
Contract type: Full time, permanent
- Responsible for the Facilities operation across the portfolio of properties, including planned and reactive maintenance, cleaning and security.
- Act as the Competent Person in relation to all Health, Safety and Environmental matters ensuring compliance with all environmental and health and safety legislation in accordance with our Health and Safety Policy.
- Be responsible for your own health and safety, staff that report to you and others affected by your work and departmental activities.
- Champion, promote and improve a customer focussed approach within your department.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of services provided by your department.
- Manage the operational budget and maintain financial tracking spreadsheets ensuring financial performance of all sites are maintained within budgets.
- To develop and implement a 1-5 year planned maintenance programme.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties requested by the Head of Property Service or Estates Director.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key contractors
- Chair local health and safety committee meetings as required.
The ideal candidate Would be self-motivated, versatile and have the ability to work your own initiative with little supervision. Be extremely customer focussed and have good communication skills.
It would be desirable but not essential, that you would have Knowledge of Legionella Management for Water Systems and City & Guilds – Permit to Work.
Organisational Compliance and Safeguarding
Study group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and as such all staff will be expected to undergo basic safeguard training and operate within these guidelines" The appointment will be subject to both the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. The candidate must be suitable to work with children.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a completed application form to Simon Brophy, Head of Property Services.
Application deadline 22 December 2017