Recruitment Officer x2
Closing date for applications: 17 November 2017
Embassy Summer employ over 450 seasonal staff members to operate 13 centres across the UK, providing English and activity vacation courses for young people and adults.
The objective of the Embassy Summer Talent Department is to find, select, secure, and develop the very best people for our centres. The Talent Department is directly responsible for ensuring that our centres teams are staffed with the appropriate number of effective, qualified, compliant, motivated and trained people that will ensure an industry leading experience for every single one of our students.
The Recruitment Officer will primarily recruit EFL teachers and activity staff for all Embassy Summer centres across the UK using the company’s good practice recruitment and selection practices that result in a positive candidate experience and successful appointments.
Role: Fixed Term Contract - 5 days per week. 15th January 2018 – 31st August 2018
- To support the Company’s Welfare and Safeguarding policy
- To ensure that recruitment and selection good practice procedures are followed
- To ensure the candidate shortlisting and interview process in managed effectively and in a timely manner
- To meet weekly interview targets as set by the Head of Talent and Operations Manager
- To actively promote Embassy Summer roles and source new recruitment channels
- To ensure a good working knowledge of Embassy Summer’s application tracking system
- To monitor the work flow status of all applications right through to the point of Hire
- To ensure a good working knowledge of Embassy Summer’s on-boarding system
- To ensure that optimum staffing levels are achieved in all summer course centres with guidance from the Programme Mangers and Operations Manager.
- To ensure that the maximum number of EFL Teachers employed meet the British Council qualifications criteria as instructed by the Talent Management team and Operations Manager
- To ensure that ALL staff references are followed up and verified in a timely manner
- To ensure all Academic staff provide evidence of qualifications and are verified as required
- To ensure evidence of qualifications for specialist staff are provided and verified as required
- To ensure ALL staff have successfully completed their on-boarding documents in a timely manner
- To take responsibility of at least one of the summer staff training programme as instructed by the Talent management team and Operations Manager
- To assist in the planning and organisation of the Management Training Weekend (attendance may be required)
- To assist the Talent Management team with the preparation of recruitment sessions for the Management Training Weekend as required
- To provide support with the management of Embassy Summer social media pages
- To ensure ALL summer staff pay / tax queries and suitably addressed and followed up the Payroll Manager / Finance team in a timely manner
- To attend all department meetings as required
- Be available to provide staff cover at centre/s during the summer to meet operational needs (as required)
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Sound knowledge of the EFL Industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexibility and Initiative
- Excellent excel manipulation skills
- Experience of working in summer schools or EFL environment
- An understanding of employment and/or recruitment law
- Experience of staff recruitment
- Experience of working in a fast paced office environment
- A keen interest in more technical computer programmes
- A good working knowledge of social media applications
- Payroll experience
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline 17 November 2017