Quality Officer Administrator
Closing date for applications: 8 January 2018
Are you skilled and highly organised Administrator, looking for an exciting and varied job role?
Are you a recent graduate that is looking to enter an interesting role, in a global business that offers excellent development opportunities?
If either of these sounds familiar then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
An exciting opportunity has opened for an enthusiastic, motivated and skilled administrator to join our Brighton based Study Centre. Based in the heart of the picturesque Sussex University campus, this centre is a well-established and high performing centre that offers excellent development and progression opportunities. The purpose of the role is to support the management of academic quality across Sussex ISC, with a focus on editing and proof-reading key documents, collating and analysing data and accurate record keeping. This is a highly admin focused role and will suit a candidate with experience working with high volumes of admin, and that has an excellent attention to detail.
WHO WE ARE
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Accuracy of key documentation and information
- Managing and maintaining all definitive Centre documents (e.g. Centre Handbook, entry requirements, Course and Module specifications) ensuring all information is available to stakeholders and is accessible, accurate and trustworthy
- Ensuring provision of relevant documentation to the Study Group Academic Office
- Keeping the Staff Study Direct site up to date with key documentation and calendar of events
Quality Review and Monitoring
- Production of specified data sets, analysis and evaluation for inclusion in reports considered by boards, committees and groups supported by this role
- Assisting with production of review documents such as Self Evaluation Documents, Annual Monitoring Reports
- Assisting with the collation of documents and data for QAA reviews
- Ensuring provision of relevant documentation to External Examiners
- Ensuring that all reports of external scrutiny processes are received by the appropriate committee or group for consideration
- Managing the Academic Misconduct process
- Quality assurance of assessment marks and exam board outcomes
- Ensuring records of observations and appraisals are kept up-to-date and provided to relevant stakeholders
- Providing secretariat support to the Centre’s committees and groups, ensuring that all actions are identified and actively managed to conclusion
Course validation and changes
- Providing administrative support for the production of documentation for course/module changes and (re)validation
Supporting Innovation and Enhancement
- Providing administrative support for the delivery of internal training for staff at the ISC
- Documenting themes from observation records and appraisals for follow up
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the Deputy Director, Quality and Innovation.
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to level 3 with GCSE English & Maths or equivalent or substantial professional experience
The successful candidate for this role is expected to demonstrate that they have skills and prior experience in the following areas:
Organisation and planning
- Ability to balance priorities to deliver consistently to deadlines
- Ability to organise projects
- Forward thinking and planning
Data and IT
- Ability to manipulate large data sets, analyse and report on these
- Good IT and data management skills including: competency in Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Word, Moodle/online platforms and a willingness to learn and adopt new technologies
- Ability to extract reports and analyse data for reporting, to aid decision making
Attention to detail and consistency
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Following agreed regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to implement quality assurance in all tasks
- Diligent record keeping
Interpersonal skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, written and verbal, internal and external
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues
- Ability to work in a busy environment
Knowledge of Higher Education in the UK (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Higher Education courses/structures
- Understanding of quality assurance frameworks in Higher Education in the UK
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please apply with a CV and completed application form to Alex Adams, Project Management Consultant.
Application deadline 8 January 2018