Public Examinations Officer
Deadline for applications: 27th February
Contract type: Fixed term contract
At Bellerbys College in Brighton we're currently seeking to appoint a Foundation Programme Examinations Officer for a full time fixed term contract, to cover a maternity leave. The contract will run from March 2019 to February 2020.
The role of the Examinations Officer is fundamental to the smooth operation and viability of the College. You'll be responsible for all aspects of administration, organisation and smooth running of all public examination sessions and also for our mocks, university admissions testing and baseline assessments. You'll also support and work collaboratively with the Foundation Programme Exams Officer as required.
Main duties and responsibilities for this job include:
- Liaise with UK Examining Boards and ensuring that rigorous standards are adhered to; maintain awareness of the awarding bodies rules and regulations and share as necessary
- Manage the complete examinations process: including entries, publicise date/time/venue to students and teachers; book internal and manage invigilation; resolve any problems encountered by students or staff
- Co-ordinate information for students’ special examination needs and concessions; arrange for provision of specialist equipment
- Ensure the examinations sessions are conducted in a rigorous, professional manner, through clear communication with academic administration and invigilation staff; investigate and report to the awarding body any incidents of malpractice
- Manage the examination results process; collate returned examination papers, distribute to examining bodies, prepare results and distribute certificates to staff/students; process requests for reviews of marking following publication of the public examination results
- Build supportive relationships with academic and senior staff at Bellerbys Centre and with the public awarding bodies
Applicants for this job should have excellent IT, communication and organisational skills. Experience of Word mail merge, Excel spreadsheets and databases is also required, as well as a high degree of accuracy, a keen eye for detail and the ability to perform in a busy environment. Previous exams office experience is desirable though not essential, as is familiarity with Progresso (student management system).
About Study Group
Bellerbys is part of Study Group, a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. We teach customised programmes across higher, language and online education starting from high-school to life-long learning. Study Group operates own colleges and partners with leading universities across UK, Europe, North America and Australasia. Every year our global recruitment teams enrol over 63,000 students from 170 countries. University partners trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence. For more information, visit www.studygroup.com.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
Please contact CollegeRecruitment@studygroup.com for further information. Closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 27th February.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.