Progression and Welfare Support Officer
Deadline for applications: N/A
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full-time permanent
At Study Group, our students travel from 142 different countries to study on our Higher Education preparatory courses. The students are miles from their family and will be faced with a new culture, lifestyle, and learning environment. We strive to create a better world through education and value passionate Tutors that share the same passion.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Leeds International Study Centre. Working from the heart of Headingly stadium, you will play a key role within our Student Experience Team. This is a job where you will be supporting international students supporting their pastoral, welfare and progression needs. You’ll have the chance to ensure that a world-class experience is had by all throughout their journey studying in the UK.
Working at Study Group is a unique experience that offers variety, opportunity, and a fast pace. If the idea of working in a centre that offers exciting development opportunities and where no day is the same is appealing then this is an exciting chance to really make a difference to students from all over the world.
Progression and Welfare Support to include:
- To deliver weekly academic success tutorials to tutor groups and provide academic counselling to students.
- To track student performance and work collaboratively with the academic team to identify suitable intervention strategies.
- To deliver welfare and study skills induction sessions.
- Responsible for tracking student attendance and ensuring the appropriate interventions are completed in a timely manner.
- To provide welfare and pastoral support to students, referring them for additional support where required from external services.
- To ensure the safeguarding of students in line with centre policy.
- To ensure student progression records are reported, kept up to date and are accurate.
- To monitor, track and provide reports on student destination offers and assist students in finding alternative choices where they do not meet their progression requirements.
- To complete the associated admin for the role.
- To support the Progression and Welfare Support Coordinator with progression and welfare projects.
General Duties to include:
- To assist, in conjunction with the team, in ensuring the well-being of under 18’s through the daily sign-in process.
- To deal with general student queries – face to face, by email and phone
- To foster productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Any other duties as required by the Senior Management Team.
- To adhere to all compliance requirements in relation to GDPR, UKVI requirements, Safeguarding and Health and Safety.
Experience and qualifications
- Experience of working in a student support setting, ideally with international students, or other similar settings
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to others.
- Experience and understanding of compliance requirements such as UKVI requirements and safeguarding
- Strong IT skills specifically Microsoft Office are essential as well as experience of working with record management systems.
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.