Progression & Student Support Administrator
Deadline for applications:5th of May 2019
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
Our Sheffield University International College is looking for a well-rounded Progression and Student Support Officer to support two teams within the Student Services departments.
Within this job, you will play a key role in the student journey having a mixture of admin and customer service focused responsibilities. You will spend time organising and planning events for the pre-arrival of our students, whilst continuing to offer general support throughout. Creating a strong link between our study centre and the university is of utmost importance so you would need to have a track record of high attention to detail, customer service skills and a good knowledge of Excel and Microsoft office.
This is a unique job opportunity to work in a busy team where no day will be the same. The team are dynamic, dedicated, and passionate about giving our students an unforgettable experience whilst studying in the UK. We will give you the support and training you need, and offer excellent career opportunities.
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
- Supporting all processes undertaken by the team to achieve progression related targets.
- Responding to progression-related enquiries from students, staff and visitors to University of Sheffield International College either in person, by telephone or by e-mail.
- Meeting with students to discuss progression requirements, policies and procedures and guiding them through the course options available to them.
- Updating progression data in line with Professional Services processes to ensure that all progression information is up to date and accurate.
- Supporting all aspects of Student Registration and Induction.
- Assisting the day to day support of students studying at the English Language Teaching Centre.
- Providing face to face advice and support on a variety of issues via the College Reception
- You will need previous experience working with general admin. Previous experience in a customer facing role would be desirable.
- Strong IT and data management skills including: competency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and a willingness to learn and adopt new technologies
- If you have had experience working in an education setting, or have just recently been through higher education, then this would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with data for reporting, to aid decision making or to support a case for change
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.