We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working with over 60,000 international students each year on preparatory Higher Education programmes. Named as the Pathway Company of the year, we are an international and creative business and love people that thrive in this environment.
An incredible opportunity has become available at our unique fashion school, Istituto Marangoni International Study Centre, who are seeking a flexible, highly organised, and self-sufficient Programme Manager to lead on the programmes delivered at the centre. Are you an academic with expertise in a creative field, looking for a completely unique challenge? If so then this is the opportunity for you.
Salary: £42,000 per annum
What is this role and where does it fit in?
Istituto Marangoni ISC prepares International Students from across the globe, for an exciting degree in fashion design, styling, or business. As Programme Manager, you will provide oversight to deliver excellent student outcomes, quality assurance and enhancement at the centre. See below some of the key responsibilities:
- You will have responsibility for leading and supporting a team of academic staff.
- Reporting to the Head of Centre, you will work closely with the academic and administration team within the Centre and be responsible for implementing initiatives and enhancements within the programme offered at
- You will contribute to planning and development in areas including academic development; learning, teaching, assessment and enhancement
- Ensure the quality of academic provision continues to improve in accordance with the requirements of UK educational oversight bodies
- You’ll work closely with the Professional Services Manager to ensure that timetables and assessment schedules are delivered effectively, staff are recruited compliantly and Professional Services and Academic staff work collaboratively.
- Up to a maximum of 10 hours teaching per week.
What experience do you need?
To succeed in this role you will be a professional, relaxed and self-sufficient. This is a small team, so team fit is absolutely essential. The centre is a highly creative, unique, environment, so experience working in a similar type of function would be highly desirable. See below the experience that you will need to have:
- Significant teaching experience, ideally in Fashion or alternately in business. Other creative subjects will also be considered.
- Academic management experience.
- Previous experience designing, developing, and delivering Programmes at least at Level 3.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree and ideally a postgraduate qualification.
- A track record of delivering quality improvements in an educational setting.
Our Istituto Marangoni International Study Centre is a creative, highly energetic, and fun working environment. This is a small centre, based in a stunning building on Fashion Street, which is a short walk from Brick Lane, Aldgate East and Shoreditch.
What makes us different?
- Operating for 20 years, supporting over 60,000 students from 150 different countries.
- We offer a distinctive employment experience for our teachers with smaller class sizes, a multi-cultural environment, and autonomy in inspiring and empowering talented students from all around the globe.
- Working alongside a number of Top Tier University partners.
- We have full ownership of our curriculum - we are able to adapt and consistently provide current, relevant and engaging material to our students.
- Our holiday allowance can be taken all year round, without term time restrictions
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.