Closing date for applications: 3 September 2017
Location: Holland ISC. Amsterdam
Status: Full-time (40 hours pw)
Salary: Up to €36,000 per annum (€3000,00 pm)
The Programme Coordinator will undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. They will help in planning and organising programmes and activities, as well as, carry out important operational duties.
The Programme Coordinator will report to the Deputy Head of Centre and will work with Holland ISC staff & teachers, and Study Group specialist personnel in all aspects of leadership and coordination. The role has specific responsibility for planning and executing day to day coordination of ISC academic programmes & teaching activities of core modules.
- The Programme Coordinator will act as a direct liaison for teaching staff, with the exception of the English teachers who report to the Head of English and Centre Director.
- Assist in coordinating the quality assurance procedures of the Centre.
- Lead and coordinate the activities related to curriculum development.
- Play a key role in assisting the Deputy Head of Centre to develop the ISC in accordance with Study Group’s Mission, Vision and Values and the ISC Action Plan.
- Be a model professional setting an excellent example to teaching staff.
- Contribute to the development of the ISC as a community with a goal of offering an excellent student and study experience with high student progression.
- Ensure that the ISC offers a high quality, exciting and engaging curriculum for all students.
- Participate in various academic committees as necessary
- Be responsible for oversight of module and programme development and maintenance to ensure they adhere to a coherent narrative and the aims and goals of the programme and with partner expectations.
- Help coordinate the day-to-day teaching activities
- Assist in the development, coordination, implementation and review of educational Quality Assurance processes (e.g. module surveys, module & teacher evaluations, course content control, etc).
- Monitor the effectiveness of teaching and learning including teachers’ planning, lesson observations, supporting auditing and reporting outcomes, successful or otherwise and planning next steps and future actions.
- Coordinate reaction to student complaints concerning module content, assessment and
- Responsible for upkeep of core educational documents (e.g. Student Handbook, assessment regulations, Module Handbook) through the relevant committee structure.
- Create module assessment overview for grades admin system (i.e. Progresso).
- Responsible for VLE check and liaise with eChamp and central Learning Technologies team on VLE planning and execution.
- Lead discussions with teachers about students.
- Plan, coordinate and execute general teacher meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring module material is delivered on time and at the correct standard.
- Order module textbooks each term.
- Assist in Office Hours
- Assist in coordinating continuous professional development (CPD) for classroom based staff ensuring their needs are identified and met through quality training opportunities within available resources.
- Project management skills & experience (essential)
- Experience in higher education in an international setting (essential)
- International Student teaching/academic management experience (desirable)
- Experience with online teaching environments (desirable)
Knowledge and Skills
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Further Education Courses/Structures
- Effective Communication
- Organisational skills applicable for a rapidly changing environment
- Computer Literacy
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Flexible and adaptable
- Fluent in Dutch
- Fluent in Chinese
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply with a application form to Sam Kneller, HR Director.
Application deadline 3 September