Professional Services Manager
Closing date for applications: 24 November 2017
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: January
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our Istituo Marangoni Study Centre is based in the heart of London, and is experience and exciting period of growth. The offices are truly stunning based in a unique building that has so much character, and the team are all friendly and professional, with a student first mentality.
This role will provide the leading services to students, staff and other key business partners. You will play a vital role within the Senior Management Team in achieving the delivery of the best possible student experience in centre.
You will be responsible for leading the Professional Student Services. Reporting to the Head of Centre, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside of the Centre and be accountable for the delivery of exceptional student service provision.
Critically the successful candidate will need to carefully balance the requirements of the Centre alongside the need for consistency and collaboration with our partner Istituto Marangoni and Study Group.
This person will have accountability for and direct line management responsibility of the on-site administrator and will execute and operationalise the development and enhancement plans for the area. Consequently the successful candidate will have management experience in a Professional Services discipline and have a proven ability to provide academic, pastoral and welfare support to students.
- Management and personal development.
- Quality Assurance and enhancement.
- Student experience and welfare.
- Data Management.
- Experience of managing staff in an office environment.
- Experience of data management and interpretation, and quality assurance.
- Experience of providing advice, guidance or student support in the context of education or training.
- Experience of developing or delivering initiatives with a strong customer service and results focus.
- Experience of overseeing the welfare of student
- Experience of working with international students and an understanding of welfare, well-being and cultural issues which may arise.
- Experience of planning and delivering change or continuous improvement.
- Experience of working across, up and down an organisation as well as with external partners and both national and international stakeholders.
- Experience of timetabling and academic data management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Confident in learning and using new student management systems or databases.
- Strong administrative IT skills, in particular advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and be a performance-driven team player and leader.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills.
- Works on own initiative and is a good team player.
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate issues to a wide audience.
- A sound understanding of UK higher education and experience of managing support activity and staff in an international and/or UK further and/or higher education context
- Knowledge of the needs of international students and experience of working with international students.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including a pleasant and professional manner
- Knowledge of UKVI T4 regulations and their implications for international students
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply with a CV to Alex Adams, Project Recruitment Consultant.
Application deadline 24 November 2017