Professional Services Administrator
Deadline for applications: 10th of May 2019
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
Our Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) International Study Centre is looking for a Professional Services Administrator to provide administrative assistance and lend support to the Professional Services Manager.
The role of Professional Services Administrator plays a key part in supporting the Centre Management with key operational priorities associated with running the LJMU International Study Centre (ISC). The successful candidate will work closely with academic staff the students themselves as part of the ISC’s Professional Services Team. This vacancy is ideal for an organised person with strong communication skills, who can successfully support the needs of students and staff alike.
Our team are dynamic, dedicated and passionate about giving our students an unforgettable experience during their studies in the UK. We will give you the support and training that you need to succeed, and offer excellent career opportunities.
LJMU International Study Centre is based in the heart of the campus of the university, close to the centre of Liverpool with great transport links.
Salary: £20,200 per annum
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
- Coordinating all aspects of the ten summative assessment and reassessment periods during the academic year
- Timetabling assessments to include booking external rooms and organizing invigilators
- Releasing assessment timetables to students and staff
- Ordering assessment papers via the University Printing Service
- Keeping assessment papers secure; both before and after the assessment has taken place
- Preparing seating plans and assessment packs in preparation for the assessment period
- Contacting students who did not attend assessments
- Assisting students to make Extenuating Circumstances applications where relevant
- Assisting with the production of data for the assessment boards
- Providing assessment results to partner HEI as per the agreed Assessment Schedule
- Coordinating arrangements for overseas examinations
- Level 3 qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of working in administration (Essential)
- Experience of working with staff and students in an international education environment (Desirable)
- Excellent customer service skills (Essential)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook skills (Essential)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (Essential
- Good time management skills (Essential)
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask (Essential)
- High level of accuracy in written English (Essential)
- Knowledge of student database systems (Desirable)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
How to apply
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit a CV on our jobs board and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.