Closing date for applications: 14 September 2017
International Group in Brighton looking for a Payroll superstar! In return we offer generous annual leave allowance which increases with length of service, pension, local/national discounts, child care vouchers, travel loans, eyecare vouchers, flexible working, employee referral (worth £500), assistance & recognition schemes, and the opportunity to work in a fast paced environment in a friendly team 2 minutes from Brighton Station.
The role manages the payroll function for UK, Europe (Ireland & Netherlands) (5) and Rest of World (ROW) (11) countries. With the support of the Payroll Assistant, the Payroll Manager is responsible for preparing the monthly payrolls, maintaining the payroll system and ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations in the UK, Europe and ROW markets. This involves management of the payroll systems and processes, monthly journals, reconciliations and controls, and relationship management with centres and Human Resources.
You do not need to be an expert in ROW payroll, however experience of working with outsourced payrolls would be an advantage as you will be required to work closely with them.
Payroll systems and processes
- Maintain the payroll system (ADP), administer changes to employee data, update starters, leavers and variation to contracts
- Ensure high levels of quality by thoroughly reviewing input data
- Process monthly pay-claims, timesheets and additional ad-hoc payments.
- Process payroll in ADP, reviewing all inputs and checking payslips and payroll reports.
- Ensure all payroll journals relating to entities are correctly posted to the ledger
- Liaise with Human Resources and Centres to ensure that all data, updates and claims are received in a complete and timely manner
Reconciliations and Controls
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Ensure static data is regularly reviewed
- Prepare and review audit control reports for changes to employee and bank data
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory compliance
- Support HMRC enquiries and investigations as required
- Develop and maintain internal relationships throughout the centres and functional departments
- Maintain relationships with HR colleagues in Brighton, London and Singapore.
- Maintain and develop relationships with third party payroll providers (activpayroll and local accountants)
- Liaise with auditors at interim audit and final audit
Ad hoc project work
- Assist the HR teams in process improvement and implementation of HR work flow processes and a new HRIS
- Roll out of employee self service and plan for timesheet automation project
- Involvement in Finance team projects e.g. finance systems, process improvement
Qualifications and Training
- Range of finance/payroll systems, preferably ADP
- Staff supervision/management (desirable)
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to apply payroll rules and regulations
- Exposure to International payroll providers (desirable)
- Ability to communicate effectively and convey technical information to non-finance audiences
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Relationship management and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good working knowledge of accountancy systems (Agresso would be an advantage)
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot tables would are desirable
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
Please apply via LinkedIn with your salary expectations, availability to start work in Brighton (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in the UK. You can insert your cover letter above your CV to enable you to send all the information required in one document.
We appreciate every application we receive however due to the volume of applications, in the event you have not heard from us within three weeks, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion.
No agencies please.
Application deadline 14 September 2017