In this job you’ll play an integral part in shaping a market leading global compensation and benefits program, supporting the local attraction and international mobilisation, motivation and retention of individuals across a diverse range of roles within Study Group.
This job can either be based in Marylebone, London or in Brighton.
Contract Type: Part time
So why should I want the job?
If you’re looking for work/life balance and flexible working arrangements, this could be the job for you! We need the role to be covered through our busiest period (September through to March) but we’re very open to ideas on how it can be done. Term time working, winter working, annualised hours, fixed term contract – we’re open to a discussion on all of them.
It’s an opportunity to work for Study Group, the 2017 Pathway Company of the Year*. We’re a complex, truly global and fast paced organisation, and life here is busy, often challenging, but never dull.
*Education Investor Awards 2017
So what will the job actually involve?
Among other things, you’ll:
- Work closely with other key members of the HR and Finance teams plus other senior leaders,
- in order to deliver a unified individual and organisational pay & benefits framework
- Undertake compensation analysis and benchmarking to feed into the development of pay ranges
- for specific roles (academic and non-academic) and job families
- Feed invaluable insights and actionable inputs into budget setting and forecasting methodology
- Provide comprehensive and timely advice and guidance to HR, leaders and managers,
- by designing and managing the compensation components of our year-end processes
- Model and recommend costed salary, bonus and benefits options for all staff and leaders
- Conduct market studies to identify and evaluate remuneration hotspots and then recommend cost correction measures
- Act as the key contact for instructing and renewing our benefits suppliers
- Manage our benefits schemes provision (including pensions and insurances)
- Use global HR and Payroll data, identify and reduce unnecessary headcount-related expenditure, e.g. tax harmonisation
What skills will I need for the job?
- Previous management of international (wider than just Europe) Compensation and Benefits strategy for 2,000 + employees
- Remuneration evaluation and re-/design
- Benefits scheme management
- Vendor management
- Review, re-/design, recommendation and implementation of tangible improvements
- Strong IT skills particularly Excel
- Competency based pay / job levelling frameworks
About Study Group
Study Group is one of the world’s largest international education and training organisations. Every year over 77,000 students from more than 170 countries choose to study with Study Group. We invest in international students’ futures and enhance their prospects by focusing on the way they learn as well as the qualifications they achieve.
Our ethos is best summed up by the phrase "Students First". The success and well-being of our students is at the heart of everything we do, and it's what drives us to excel.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please submit your CV via our application website, and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
What does a role at Study Group mean?
We are a unique business within the sector, giving our people a completely different working experience.
We have a large global network and encourage collaboration across the whole business. We work with a number of partners across the network including top tier universities.
We encourage innovation throughout our Centres, ensuring that our students are given an interactive, student centred, and creative, tailor-made learning experience. Our people are given an autonomy within their roles that is rarely seen within the industry.
We believe in continuous professional and personal development, and take pride in offering our staff ample opportunity to achieve their goals. Utilising our large organisational infrastructure, across our different brands, we invite our people to gain valuable experience, and maximise all the exciting tools available to help develop their career.