Closing date for applications: 23 November 2017
The Legal Department of this truly international education group currently consists of five people who provide general legal advice and support for Study Group’s business in the UK and globally.
The sucessful candidate will assist the General Counsel with day to day support of both a legal and administrative nature. You will also get a lot of support in learning about the education sector and the role of In-house Counsel, laying the foundations for a professional future career. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to get stuck into all of the legal tasks.
The role will be fully integrated and you can expect to spend your day:
- Reviewing documentation
- Assisting with the preparation of legal documents
- Assisting with the preparation of training and other presentations
- Assisting with updating the legal pages on various websites
- Carrying out legal and other research
- Attending meetings
- Providing general assistance to the legal team as and when required
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who has already obtained a law degree and completed further postgraduate legal study, such as the LPC or BPTC. The sucessful candidate will be a highly motivated self starter.
Other attributes we are looking for are:
- Good PC skills, including a working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Professional and confident manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable and friendly
- Organised and detailed orientated
- Team player who has the ability to develop strong relationships
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including those in relation, but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Please apply via LinkedIn or send an email to Lisa Elliot, Talent Acquisition Specialist, with your salary expectations, availability to start work (including any holidays booked) and your right to work in Marylebone. Insert your cover letter above your CV to enable you to send all the information required in one document.
We appreciate every application we receive however due to the volume of applications, in the event you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, unfortunately we will not be taking your application forward on this occasion.
Application deadline 23 November 2017
No agencies please